HP dc7700 failed to install Kalyway 10.5.2

Coelacanth

7 posts in this topic

Guys/Gals,

Anyone having the same problem as i do with HP dc7700 PC with Intel C2D 2 @ 2.13Ghz? I've been trying to install since 10.5.0 release of BrazilMac but to no avail. I get stuck at ACPI something (can't really recall the exact error). I am not a noob with regards to installing a Hackintosh, but i kept on failing on this machine and can't seem to find the cause of the problem :P . This machine does not have any IDE.

Someone who had successfully installed Leopard on this machine, please help! I have Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 installers, and both of them failed to install. I've also tried all the switches on Darwin prompt but to no avail.

Please, help!

Coelacanth

I have the same machine and have had no issues using the Kalyway 10.5.2 V2 install disk, I did not need any switches to install. Make sure your bios is the latest version and before your start the install disable the built in network, for network access your will need either a Known working PCI network card or a USB wireless, Sound does not work by defualt but Azalia drivers work fine. I am not useing the built in Video either and have not tried to make it work, I have a GeForce 8500 GT with 512.

I already updated the BIOS, but still to no avail. I keep on getting this error message and the system will freeze:

waiting on <dict ID-"0"><key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOresourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

I really want to install Leopard on this machine coz at the moment, i'm using a fully functional 10.5.2 running only on Pentium D. I want to try the Vanilla kernel for a change. I did try to disable the Ethernet board, though the Video i haven't coz i don't have any Video Card at the moment. Do you reckon it's the Video card that's causing all this to freeze? I'm really lost in this system and i'm really desperate to get Leopard running on it.

Thanks for the response.

coelacanth

Edit: Got it working now! Problem is Video Card. HP dc7700 users who gets stucked on the same spot that i am, install a Video card and everything will work for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I did install various distro version of Leopard (iPC, iDeneb, Atlos, xXx etc.) to HP DC7700 successfully.

The key is to install a separate video card (whatever you choose) instead of using the onboard Intel video graphics. There is no workaround for this.