Sound Issues - GA-P35-DS3L

cjgrode

8 posts in this topic

Ok so this is my first attempt at running ox x on my PC and thanks to a lot of you who contributed to the guides and such it was pretty easy. I had XP Pro installed first then partitioned and went through the process of installing Kalyway 10.5.2 on my other partition. Everything works fine, graphics, shutdown, restart, program stability, LAN, USB, everything is working great—except sound. I have tried every guide I could find on this site to get my audio to work. It simply won’t. The audio shows up in system preferences and I am able to select headphone or digital/optical out but nothing works. Do you guys have any ideas on what I can do? My specs are below!

Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66ghz)

Motherboard – GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L

Video Card – MSI 8800GTS (512mb newer version)

Memory – 4GB Gskill PC-6400

Case – Cooler Master Cosmos 1000

DVD Drive – Lite-On 20x DVD Burner with Lightscribe

Hard Drive – 500GB Seagate 7200RPM

Power Supply – 610W PC Power and Cooling Power Supply

how did you get sound to work? Did you install the drivers? Download these ktexts. Download apple HDA patcher here.

Download this text file. Drag (without opening) the text file into the frog or turtle thing. Then, install the ktexts using this. That seemed to work for me. Next time, try reading all the threads about your board and installation. Not that im a saint, but at least i try...

how did you get sound to work? Did you install the drivers? Download these ktexts. Download apple HDA patcher here.

Download this text file. Drag (without opening) the text file into the frog or turtle thing. Then, install the ktexts using this. That seemed to work for me. Next time, try reading all the threads about your board and installation. Not that im a saint, but at least i try...

I did do a search and found a thread specific to my board, however the fixes throught the topic didnt help. Is it possible I have installed too many different kext files? If so can I check the ones that are installed and delete them? Last question, which setting do you have in your sound pane? Do you have headphone out or digital out? Thanks

Install the Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update. Choose the modbin kernel (vanilla doesn't seem to be able to shutdown or reboot with the sound driver installed). This fixe my problem. There was also a way to get it working in 10.5.2 that worked (once, at least) using the HDA audio patcher (the tutorial is somewhere on the forums) but I'd highly recommend just upgrading.

EDIT: Whoops, I guess you already solved your problem. Still, this might be useful for future reference.

So I do have a legitimate problem after all. My usb keyboard and mouse work fine but no other usb ports work. I tried plugging in my thimb drive, iphone, and microphone and nothing even registers. Anyone know what I can do to fix these?

• 4 months later...