Triple Boot: XP/Vista/OS X Leopard

6 posts in this topic

Is it possible to triple boot from the same physical HDD: XP on drive C:, Vista on drive D: and OS X Leopard?

Currently I have XP and Vista running and tried installing Leopard by erasing the last partition available. The OS installed OK and showed up in Acronis OS Selector but it didn't start. The error was "HFS+ partition error".

Can you guide me through the right steps to get this right... I know I am missing something!

INSPIRON 6400 N-SERIES/ E1505

DUAL BOOT:

Windows XP Sp3 & Windows Vista x64 Sp1

PROCESSOR CORE 2 DUO T7200 (2GHz)

GRAPHICS ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 (256MB)

AUDIO SIGMATEL 9200

MEMORY 2048 MB (2X1024) 667MHz

HARD DRIVE 120GB SATA (5400 RPM)

DISPLAY 15.4" WXGA (1280X800)

BLUETOOTH EUROPEAN DELL TRUEMOBILE 355 INTERNAL

WIRELESS DELL™ WIRELESS 1390 802.11B/G

MODEM INTERNAL V.92

FIREWIRE PORT

Thanks!

I've just finished installing XP/Vista/Leopard on the same hard drive everything is working. I can just suggest you using easybcd as vista bootloader manager, a fantastic utility that also can fix hfs+ error: just press a button and no more problems.

Thank's for answer me. :(

Can u tell me what steps u have done? if u can, tell me ,step-by-step, all about your "version" to boot all three OSs :)

Also, I've tried with easybcd but nothing. I've tried fix the 3rd partition, where is instaleted Os X also i've got nothing.

Can u tell me what means this message?...what I must do, where can I get boot.nfi file...I can't login in OS X to copy that file... :wacko:

Thx a lot again.

post-129410-1214138517_thumb.png

I installed all the the OS(s) in that order (remember that you must create three primary partition With MBR):

Leopard on HFS+ partition.

XP

Vista (select the partition as active before installing it)

I added XP to Vista bootloader using easybcd (i had some troubles adding XP so I rebuilt his boot files with the installation dvd) and finally I added Leopard following that guide http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Mac+OS+X . I don't know what to do with your error, did you try simply doing ehat easybcd suggest?

thx again,

At last I found boot.efi, it was on the partition where I have instalated OS X and after that I've copied that file in C:\NST\*.efi, but in vain, even in D:\NST\*.efi . Still doesn't work. :(

I don't understand why you have put manualy xp boot in vista bootloader{with EasyBCD} when, if u are instaling xp - vista in this order, vista will load xp boot automatically in his bootloader :)

I verified my partition and C:(xp) is primary and active, D:(vista) is logical and the last partition with OS X instalated is also primary and active.

I'm not stop here. I will try to maybe I'll succeed

thx again, and I expect for other ideas :)

post-129410-1214319425_thumb.jpg

I have it done between XP, Vista, and Leopard. Have both XP and Vista loaded with Vista as bootloader. Configured partition for Leopard, then restart and install using the iAtkos version. Then I booted to the iAtkos disc with -s, set the Vista partition to active and booted to Vista. Copied across the chain0 file to Vista parition. Edited using bcdedit in command prompt to point the Mac OSX option to the chain0 file. Works!

iPoco