Le futur MSI Wind compatible avec Leopard?

TheChesterCat

85 posts in this topic

g testé avec un autre cd (iatkos) l'installe sans prob , l'user aussi

ensuite si sa intéresse quelqu'un y'a un wiki

tout fonctionne sauf le wifi et pour un portable c'est peux intéressant :hysterical: y'a bien la solution de changer la carte réseau avec une autre

a tester

tchô

Environ 3.5x moins puissant qu'un processeur "bas de gamme", je le pensais au moins équivalent, du coup ca ne m'intérésse plus :)

pas fort de la part d'intel :)

je préfère mettre 200€ de plus et d'avoir un truc vraiment utilisable.

• 2 weeks later...

Allez, je retire mon topic sur le haut de la pile!!

Nous sommes le 31 juillet, ça va faire un mois pile que j'ai réservé un Wind blanc en magasin chez Surcouf et toujours pas moyen d'avoir ma machine. Quand je leur ai téléphoné en début de semaine, on m'a dit qu'une livraison était prévue cette semaine et aujourd'hui, je les rappelle, on me dit 'livraison reportée à la semaine prochaine'. -_-

Est ce que le Wind blanc est au ultra-portables ce que Moby {censored} est aux baleines?? (respect pour les baleines!! :D ) Nan, sérieux, est ce que l'un d'entre vous en a déjà vu un dans la vraie vie??

Salut, le miens à été commander hier chez Cybertek vers Bordeaux, j'ai trouver ce magasin en trainant sur le site de MSI en tant que revendeur agrée.

Il arrive demain. Il me semble que j'ai eu le dernier Noir. Les réapro de Wind seront vers le 10-15 Aout je crois un peu partout!

J'ai commander un mini pci e Dell pour "le wifi sans soucis" et j'ai un 1Go de RAM en rab qui traine! Donc j'aurais un bon petit netbook!

Je vous ferrais part de mon install ASAP. Sans doute demain...

Bon courage à ceux qui cherche encore!

pfff moi je cherche un petit notebook ou je pourrais avoir la veille, le wifi et le LAN mais pas moyen de trouver...

Ca me gave et j'ai vraiment pas envi de mettre 1000€ dans un macbook

Un peu de motive et pour moins de 500 euros tu as un netbook qui fonctionne avec le Wind.

Il me semble que la veille marche, avec clamshell mais je peu me tromper.

J'ai encore fait les magasins hier, et le Wind noir est tjs dispo chez Saturn. J'en ai même tripoté un avec un linux installé. En revanche, toujours aucune trace du Wind blanc....

J'ai aussi vu des Akoyas mais en noir uniquement.

Et si je recherchais plutôt le Graal... ;)

J'ai encore fait les magasins hier, et le Wind noir est tjs dispo chez Saturn. J'en ai même tripoté un avec un linux installé. En revanche, toujours aucune trace du Wind blanc....

J'ai aussi vu des Akoyas mais en noir uniquement.

Et si je recherchais plutôt le Graal... :)

c'est clair que le blanc...

Perso j'ai fait une croix dessus pour cette couleur, sinon il y a du rose de dispo un peu partout!

Au pire j'ai un pot de 20 litres de blanc satiné que j'ai utilisé pour repeindre mon apart! :wacko:

Wouhouuuuuu.... :)

Je viens de trouver le graal.... à ben non, c'est un Wind blanc!! Remarquez, ça me sera certainement plus utile, ça tombe bien!!! :)

Alors que je n'y croyais plus, qq rares exemplaires sont enfin arrivés chez Surcouf Strasbourg, il en reste encore d'après leur site web. Bonne chasse....

(bientôt les détails de mon install de Leo sur le Wind)

J'ai trouvé ce tuto pour installer votre pomme sur le MSI WIND :

Last update: 14/07/08 - video and images online!

What you need to install OSX on your Wind

Here's a list of what you MUST have to install OSX on your Wind...

- An external DVD drive

- A DVD containing Kalyway 10.5.2 install (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')

- The Kalyway 10.5.3 upgrader (as above) on a USB stick or CD/DVD

- The official 10.5.4 DELTA update from here on a USB stick or CD/DVD. Do NOT use the Combo updater.

- My Wind driver and utility pack (download here) on a USB stick or CD / DVD

And here's an item you really SHOULD have to install OSX on your Wind...

- A proper licenced copy of Leopard

Now, of course you could install without the above item, but i'm in favour of being fair to Apple. Regardless of the intricacies and enforcability (or otherwise) of the EULA, it's playing fair to buy a licence for Leopard if you plan to use it on a machine. IMHO anyway. It's up to you of course, but it makes me feel better! I look at it as 'Apple won't build me a 10" notebook so I have to do it myself'

I also have upgraded my RAM to 2GB... very cheap indeed at Play.com!

Disclaimer

Of course, installing OSX on your Wind is gonna wipe whatever is on there already. I'm sure you know that already Also, if anything goes horribly wrong, you're following my guide at your own risk m'kay?

Before you start - ensure you have BIOS version 1.05 installed! You can view the BIOS version by entering the BIOS setup (press 'del' at startup).

- MSI machines: download your BIOS update here

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...mp;prod_no=1474

- Advent machines: download your BIOS update here

http://support.thetechguys.com/Layout.aspx...d4aac3}#method1

After updating your BIOS, enter BIOS setup and press F9 to 'restore best performance defaults'. This step is VITAL!

Step by Step - installing OSX on your Wind

1. Insert the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk into your external DVD drive, and plug it into your Wind

2. Start your Wind, and press F11 when prompted to choose a boot device. When the blue list pops up, select your DVD drive

3. When prompted to hit a key to boot from CD/DVD, hit a key.... you'll see a ton of text scroll up the screen - just sit tight

4. You'll next be presented with your language select screen. I imagine you want English, so just hit enter! It'll then sit doing 'Preparing Installation' for a while.

5. When you get the 'Welcome' screen, don't hit continue straight away! Move your point to the 'Utilities' menu, and select 'Disk Utility'.

6. When the Disk Utility application has loaded, click your main drive in the left hand pane (probably the very top entry, 'WDC WD800 or similar')

7. Click 'Partition' on the right hand pane.

8. Under 'Volume Scheme', click '1 partition'.

9. Give your disk a nice name. I chose 'Leopard'. Original, I know!

10. Click 'Apply'

11. Wait for it to do it's thing, then select 'Quit Disk Utility' from the 'Disk Utility' menu.

12. You'll now be taken back to the installer welcome page. Click 'Continue'.

13. Click 'Agree' when the legalese blurb pops up.

14. Choose a destination drive - obviously the one you just partitioned! Click 'Continue'.

15. Click 'Customize'.

16. Completely uncheck 'Language Translations'.

17. Expand 'Kernels' and select ONLY 'kernel_vanilla_92'

18. Expand 'Graphics_Drivers', expand 'Intel_GMA' and select ONLY 'GMA950'

19. Completely uncheck 'Audio_Drivers'.

20. Completely uncheck 'Networks_Drivers'.

21. Completely uncheck 'Mobo_Chipsets'.

22. Completely uncheck 'Thirds_Applications'.

23. Expand 'Patches' and select 'TimeMachineFix' and 'PowerManagement_bundle'.

24. Click 'Done'

25. Click 'Install' and go and make yourself a cup of tea!

26. The install will now take place, if you want to speed it up, you can 'Skip' the installation DVD check.

27. re: the Time Remaining calculation, it's not really that accurate. In particular, the 'Time Remaining: About a minute' is pretty optimistic

28. When the 'Install Succeeded' screen appears, eject the install DVD and hit 'Restart'.

29. OS will now start up for the first time, and take you through the setup wizard.

30. When you have booted into OSX for the first time, insert the disk containing the Kalyway 10.5.3 update.

31. Run '1_Kalyway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg' and step through the installation process. Do NOT hit restart when prompted!

32. After the above install has completed, run '2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg' and step through the installation process. Select the 'vallina_kernel_9.3' kernel.

33. Restart your Wind.

34. When prompted to do so, press F8 to interrupt the Darwin startup.

35. Type 'update -v' (without the quotes obviously), and press enter. Your Wind may reboot a couple of times during this update process. Don't panic!

36. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.4 delta update.

37. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.dmg' to mount the image.

38. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.pkg' and step through the installation process. Restart when prompted.

39. When you have booted into OSX, insert the disk containing my Wind driver and utility pack.

40. Select the 'utilities' directory in my pack.

41. Drag 'kext helper b7' somewhere helpful. Your 'Applications' folder for example.

42. MAKING CPU SHOW U CORRECTLY IN ABOUT THIS MAC: Double click 'AboutThisMac' in the 'utilities' directory and step through the installation process.

44. ENABLING SOUND: Change to the 'sound' directory and double click 'AzaliaAudio.pkg' and step through the installation process. Do NOT hit restart when prompted!

45. GRAPHICS, BATTERY ICON, ABOUT THIS MAC FIXES / MACHINE TYPE COMPATABILITY, ETHERNET AND SLEEP ON LID CLOSED: Change to the 'kexts' directory. Run kexthelper, and drag all of the .kext files in this directory to it's window. Switch to the kexthelper window, input your password, then click 'Easy Install'.

46. Reboot!

47. Run 'System Preferences' -> 'Energy Saver' and select 'Show Details'. Select 'Options' and then 'Show battery status in menu bar'.

47. FIXING KEYBOARD MAP (UK keyboard layouts only): Change to the 'kaylayout' directory on my Wind driver and utility pack, and copy 'Advent 4211.keylayout' to '\Library\Keyboard Layouts'. Run 'System Preferences' -> 'International', and click 'Input Menu'. SCroll down the list until you see 'Advent 4211'. Click the checkbox, and you will see a flag appear in your menu bar. Click this to select the Advent layout.

48. Almost done! All you need to do now is to get a network connection (either by Ethernet or Wireless if you are using a non-standard card), and run 'Software Update' from the 'Apple' menu to get the latest software updates

Je poste du MSI :wacko:

Demain (enfin aujourd'hui) je posterai plus de photos.

Premières impressions:

La couleure noire est magnifique

Très bonne finition

Clavier ultraconfortable (pour la taille)

Très fluide sous Mac OSX c'est vraiment étonnent!!!

Je suis plus habitué aux claviers PC xD (emplacement de certaines touches)

J'ai la version linux donc sur le clavier j'ai une maison au lieu d'une "windows"

J'ai inversé les touches Alt et Command (hardware) comme sur les vrai mac.

post-25432-1217887316_thumb.jpg

Je découvre ce forum, étant arrivé au X86 via le Wind, et tout cela via le site très actif (en anglais) msiwind.net.

J'ai un rose sous Linux - enfin, il est pas resté sous Linux longtemps le pauvre - bon la couleur c'est pas top mais ma copine va en hériter dans quelques semaines quand j'aurais trouvé un noir sous Linux - et avec batterie 6 cellules.

Pour ce qui est de l'installation de Leopard, vous trouverez pas mal d'infos sur le site cité ci-dessus, dans leur forum. Il y a déjà un disque tout prêt qui flotte sur la baie des pirates sous le nom MSIWINDOSX86.iso - je suis en contact avec les créateurs et nous sommes en train d'optimiser la version 2 qui aura les langues étrangères - dont le français - parmi les options optimisées. J'étais passé dans un premier temps par la méthode décrite ci-dessus, mais elle reste instable - l'icone de la batterie disparaît au bout de quelques jours entre autres.

En tout cas, je suis bluffé par cette machine sous Leopard. Le seul problème, c'est le wifi, mais une carte Dell à 20 euros m'a sorti de cette impasse. Il reste toujours que pour l'instant la prise entrée son et la prise écouteurs ne marchent pas. Et c'est dommage car c'est une machine qui lit sans problème les Divx ce qui serait parfait pour le train.

Le seul qui me ferait changer d'avis pour mon prochain, c'est le eee PC 901, à condition qu'il fasse tourner OS X aussi bien que le Wind.