JaS 10.5.2 Install DVD won't boot on Dell D600(?)

@irBOrNE

6 posts in this topic

Anyone by chance know what might be going on? Looks like some kind of KP when booting from the JaS 10.5.2 DVD. It goes for a while but finally gives the error screen that instructs to hold down the power button until the machine powers off and restart. I've tried both -x and cpus=1 modes with the same behavior. Using -v, it looks to be a Kernel Panic "Kernel trap at 0x0041effb" that it finally fails at. Would be highly grateful if anyone has any ideas, not finding much about this in the forums.. I'm figuring there's some sort of option I can use to get this to work, as others seem to be having success with this install DVD. Thanks!

Upon closer investigation, I set debug=0x100 and it appears that the DVD boot is failing on AppleBCM5751Ethernet kext. Is there anyway to disable this certain kext from loading during the DVD boot? I imagine it would have to be a bootup option command, since -x still doesn't work and you can't edit the Boot.plist on the DVD.. Thanks for any advice.

Gujal, you are a genius, many thanks for taking the time to respond here, and thanks to all who take the time to help each other out in these forums. The installer was able to load right up after disabling the LAN controller in BIOS. Once I complete the install, I will find and delete that AppleBCM5751Ethernet kext via single user mode -s, and re-enable my LAN controller in BIOS, and I should be good to go. Will report back if any other difficulties with this.

Well, now that I can get through the installation wizard, when I actually hit install it tells me there was an error reading the disc and that I need to "clean" it. I've tried burning a new DVD from the ISO & verified MD5, so this should be the correct version of JaS 10.5.2. Anyone had this happen and able to resolve it? Many thanks