ALC888 NOT WORKING

rstt

12 posts in this topic

I have installed kalyway 10.5.2. The Problem is the Audio Driver ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip not working. I have testet the AppleHDAPatcher1.20 with alc888.txt, alc888-2.txt, alc888-a.txt, alc888-b.txt, alc888-D.txt, alc888_ich7_codecdump.txt but nothings working...

What wrong do I make? Can someone help me?

Thanks for help

Tried this installer for your sound hardware, it works for me.

Thanks, not working for my MB...

I must only install your installer, and reboot?

This installer works for my Gigabyte DS3L mobo, after your installation, reboot.
I reboot but not working :D the old kext ( ALCinject.kext) from the other installer, i must delete?can i update my kalyway from the updater?
I reboot but not working :P the old kext ( ALCinject.kext) from the other installer, i must delete?can i update my kalyway from the updater?
I the BIOS i can set ??Azalia Codec Audio?? AUTO OR DISABLE...

I reboot but not working :( the old kext ( ALCinject.kext) from the other installer, i must delete?can i update my kalyway from the updater?I the BIOS i can set ??Azalia Codec Audio?? AUTO OR DISABLE...

AUTO, don't delete anything, the installer should take care of anything u need. You have the same mobo as mine, is really weird that yours does not work :blink:

AUTO, don't delete anything, the installer should take care of anything u need. You have the same mobo as mine, is really weird that yours does not work :blink:

I have P31 chip and you have P35 chip... is this a problem? You have IATKOS 10.5.4 and i used kalyway 10.5.2... is that the problem?

• 10 months later...
I have installed kalyway 10.5.2. The Problem is the Audio Driver ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip not working. I have testet the AppleHDAPatcher1.20 with alc888.txt, alc888-2.txt, alc888-a.txt, alc888-b.txt, alc888-D.txt, alc888_ich7_codecdump.txt but nothings working...

What wrong do I make? Can someone help me?

Thanks for help

Hi,

I managed to get sound to my ALC888 built-in speakers using the following:

ALC888_Legacy, ALC888ad2, ALC888ad0 and ALC888d from iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Final,

HDAEnabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext from InsanelyMac

And I also had to upgrade to 10.5.4 using Kalyway 10.5.3 upgrade and 10.5.4 from Apple.

Thats it, and hope this works for you,

Zac.

voodoohda.kext did the trick for me.

got internal, autoswitch to jack, line-in, mic-in working, only internal mic don´t work at the moment.

had to delete applehda,alcinject,hdaenable etc.

using an acer aspire 6930G with ALC888, devid: 0x10ec0888 sub id: 0x1025015e