Kalyway 10.5.1 keeps rebooting on darwin load

boulala

17 posts in this topic

Hy together

I've been searching the internet for a whole lot of time and a finally came to the decision to post it my question here. I've seen many posts in other forums about that and they never gave reasonable solution to the problem.

My problem is that i want to install the Kalyway 10.5.1 osx86 DVD on my Computer. Logic so far :)

1. Step: i put the DVD in my drive and reboot my PC

2. Step: i startup the DVD and come to the part where it asks you to press F8 for boot options

3. Step: so i press F8 and put the boot option -v and press ENTER.

4. Step: it loads a bunch of .kext files and at the part where normally (without the -v option) the grey screen with the apple logo should appear the pc reboots and i'm starting at step 2.

So to clear it up, i can't even go into the installation or anything else.

I know a lot of people out there have this same problem and i hope i can help them with this clearing up threat. So if anybody has a solution for this problem please post it here.

thanks for your efforts

Perhaps you hardware is not compatible (post your full hardware).If you can't even reach the installer and the system just reboots,maybe the problem is the kernel.But,again,is very hard to say whithout specs.Read all the messages and post again:I'm sure that you will receive and answer...

here a quik overview from my hardware:

Motherboard: Asrock 4Core1600Twins-P35

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz

2x Memory: Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 1024MB

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3800 (512MB)

HD: SAMSUNG HD250HJ ATA Device (232 GB)

Drive: LG HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L ATA Device (Blu-Ray)

Hope this is all the information you need, else i gone uploade the full report from everest home.

thanks

no nothing. i've installed it on my laptop so i know the cd is working. but when i put it in my desktop pc it loads all the .kext files and reboots automatically. i've tried it ceveral times with other distros like the leo4all or iatkos v2.0 but there i get the message that some style framework has imediate dependensi and it stops.

hope some one can help with one of the problems

Hi!

I am having same problem of booting the computer after kext installation.

I have observed it that Kalyway 10.5.1 does not detect ATA hard disks. During installtion HDD LED should show some activity but on my PC it doesn't show any such HDD activity.

Also,

1.I found on internet that SATA should be set to AHCI and not to IDE in BIOS setting.

2.Try the following swithchs at boot

-f -s -x

Let me know whether it works for your PC.

Kalyway 10.5.2 has less problems but I don't have 10.5.2 DVD.

my sata is set to AHCI in the bios. it changes nothing when i use the -f -s -x commands. only one time i had a message saying somthing like EBIOS read error but i wasn't quik enough to write it all down. and that error never occured again so i don't know. i gonne try and download the 10.5.2 on tell if it changes somthing.

thanks anyway

so i downloaded the kalyway 10.5.2 dvd and tried it.know it doesn't reboot anymore but it always ends at the same point:"Kernel version:Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386"no error message nothing just stops there and the dvd stops spinning and the hd stops spinning. any ideas on that? tried to make some screenshots (with my iphone poor qualitie camera) of the last loading site. put it in the attachement.

post-223206-1213355083_thumb.jpg

post-223206-1213355111_thumb.jpg

post-223206-1213355130_thumb.jpg

post-223206-1213355150_thumb.jpg

I have the same problem with kalyway 10.5.1. My PC configuration :

MSI P35 NEO2-FR, Socket 775

Kit Dual Channel Corsair TWIN2X 2x1024MB DDR2, 800MHz

video BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC, 512MB DDR3

Antec Minitower, sursa EA-380

Procesor Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 2.66GHz, socket 775

HDD Western Digital 80 GB, 7200rpm, 8MB, SATA2

DVD-RW Asus, LightScribe (SATA)

and I don't know how to fix this problem... can you help ?

I didn't try to install 10.5.2 version

Hi!

I didn't have kalyway 10.5.2 at the moment but will download it soon and then I will try.

Is it .iso image which can be burnt on DVD or just update which can be installed only after installing kalyway 10.5.1? If possible please let me know size of iso image.

I am also new to osx86 but do it on trial basis.

I will keep on posting new developments as it happens. But know for sure 10.5.2 is less problematic.

thanks

its an .iso image about 4GB of size.

i tried it know on my laptop (on wich i had kalyway 10.5.1 installed) and it didn't work, so i don't know if it is less problematic or if i just didn't select the right driver.

sounds good, but unfortunately i can't try it right know because my PC is totally f*** up. so i will try it another time. But if someone can try it and tell me if it worked for them would be great.

thanks anyway for your help.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem...

Kalyway 10.5.1 keeps rebooting... My specs are

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo FIR

CPU: Q6600 Kentsfield

8800GTS nVidia 512Mb OC

1KW PSU, 3 hdd ,

I will try with my Panther 10.3 legit version

Does anyone have any solution

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem installing Kalyway 10.5.1, never finishes installing, error msgs scroll too fast to see anything. I was able to run 10.4.3 and 10.4.6 on the same hardware. I can get JaS 10.5.4 to install correctly, but it reboots shortly after the BOOT: prompt.

I have

MB - ECS L4VXA2 with Intel P4 Celeron 2600

1 GB PC2700(?) RAM (2 x 512MB)

120 + 160 GB HDD (ATA)

ATI Radeon 9200SE AGP w/128MB

I'm hoping 10.5 supports more hardware then 10.4 did

Thanx in advance

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem ?

I have a similar issue installing Kalyway 10.5.2. It keeps on rebooting.

My specs are:

Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.4 GHz

1.79 GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM

Maxtor 31024H2 IDE hardrive (Formatted in FAT32 file system, I am planning to install OSx86 here)

ST3120026A IDE hardrive (Windows XP installed)

EliteGroup P4S5A/DX+ - motherboard - ATX - SiS645DX

General

MPN: P4S5A/DX+

Product Type: Motherboard

Form Factor: ATX

Compatible Processors: Pentium 4

Processor Socket: Socket 478

Chipset Type: SiS645DX

Max Bus Speed: 533 MHz

BIOS Type: AMI

Storage Controller: ATA-100

Processor

Installed Qty (Max Supported): 0 ( 1 )

Memory

Supported RAM Technology: SDRAM, DDR SDRAM

RAM Installed ( Max ): 0 MB / 2 GB (max)

Supported RAM Speed: PC2700, PC100, PC133

Cheers,

eay