Can anyone play games?

fabriciom

10 posts in this topic

Will be trying out Quake Wars tomorrow on my setup. I'll let you know what happens.

Just a thought though, does your card have 2 outputs ? Is it swapping to the vacant one when the game starts maybe ? :P

Ken

why does windowed mode only work for you!? that's weird.

I played Quake4 with every possible setting set to maximum quality, and my computer ate it for breakfast. NO lag in framerates. Awesome. Haven't tried WOW yet, since my copy is pretty old so I don't think it's even intel compatable, not to mention I got thoroughly bored with it. Haven't tried NWN yet, and I really don't expect to do a whole lot of gaming on this rig, as I have a PS3.

Will be trying out Quake Wars tomorrow on my setup. I'll let you know what happens.

Just a thought though, does your card have 2 outputs ? Is it swapping to the vacant one when the game starts maybe ? ;)

Ken

Yes I tried the other slot and nothing.

Does the game shut the screen off, or can you switch to other apps? If so, then I think the problem is with the game's settings. Usually it's the refresh rate setting that causes the screen to black out.

Try changing your display's refresh rate, or modding the game's setting file with a text editor if it's possible.

Does the game shut the screen off, or can you switch to other apps? If so, then I think the problem is with the game's settings. Usually it's the refresh rate setting that causes the screen to black out.

Try changing your display's refresh rate, or modding the game's setting file with a text editor if it's possible.

The screen goes blank and the only option is to reboot. I tried changing spaces and nothing.

Just a suggestion but what drivers are you using? I found that with Giants Citizen Kabuto with my 8800gtx if I had the 768mb ver installed i had tons of oddities but when I went to 256 vanilla they all worked perfectly.

Just a suggestion but what drivers are you using? I found that with Giants Citizen Kabuto with my 8800gtx if I had the 768mb ver installed i had tons of oddities but when I went to 256 vanilla they all worked perfectly.

I tried the NVInhject and Im using the Natit right now. Neither worked.