Final cut studio 2 on Kalyway 10.5.2 ?

Swissino

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

does anybody know if I can install Final Cut Studio 2 on my Hackintosh with Kalyway 10.5.2, without having troubles with the OS (crashes and other problems)?

Do the applications work ? I don't have drivers for my ethernet card, so I have no en0 ... and I imagine il won't work... right?

Thanks

Fabio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a Leo4all v2 10.5.2 on my system. Configuration is as follows,

Processor Intel Dual Core 2.66 Ghz

Asus Mobo:- P5LD2VM-SE

Ram 2 GB (Max)

HDD Segate 500 GB

PCI Card for Firewire Supports upto 400 Mbps (Have used it for data transfer with friends LACIE).

Graphics Card. 7100 GS

Now my main problem is that i have installed Final cut studio on my system everything ran fine untill i updated one of the programs through normal update program in mac (and not from an update file) since then the soundtrack pro asks for serial no and when i entered the serial no it says that its the upgraded serial and then to enter the original one when i do that it says that the serial no is not correct and fails after three attempts.

Now second problem is that i do not understand whats the difference between the final cut studio 2 available for download that is of 52 gb complete and the one that is of 3.6 gb or something like that.

When i checked the size of the final cut studio that i had it was around 40 gb of DVD's that are there. Now my problem is that if i download the 3.6 gb Final Cut studio 2 on my system and install it will the previous installation wipe off completely i.e. will the whole of 40 gb content go away. And do i need to download the 52 gb of Content for the update.

Please tell me the Difference between the two.

I know I am a Dumbhead.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

HELP ME!!!   I am instal Kalyway 10.5.2  Intel E8400, MB Asus P5K-R, 2Gb RAM, Asus Nvidia 7300GT. all works correctly: system video accelrate, Photoshop cs3, toaster, fireware, but when i run final cut pro (from paket of 52Gb) it runs before selection settings of project (resolution, codec), after this it crash with (ignore - Reset - restart). What I can do???   p.s. Sorry for my English I am from Moldova :-)

FCP2 works on my machine but i have a few issues:

when i apply a menu template in dvd studio pro a message appears: Media server shut down unexpectedly. (or something like that)

This also happened a couple of times in an other FCP app (I don't remember which one)

I guess if i update FCP it won't happen again.

The other DVDs contain content for the apps.

DVD 1 is the install dvd.

My config is:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+

A8n sli deluxe

bios: 1805

Gfx: Asus EN7800 gtx 256 mb

ram: geil ddr400 2x1gb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did you have any issues installing? I thought I may have been having problems due to my AMD processor being listed as Unknown.

I get an error on install stating that preflight failed.

your post gives me hope that I may be able to get it running.

FCP2 works on my machine but i have a few issues:

when i apply a menu template in dvd studio pro a message appears: Media server shut down unexpectedly. (or something like that)

This also happened a couple of times in an other FCP app (I don't remember which one)

I guess if i update FCP it won't happen again.

The other DVDs contain content for the apps.

DVD 1 is the install dvd.

My config is:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+

A8n sli deluxe

bios: 1805

Gfx: Asus EN7800 gtx 256 mb

ram: geil ddr400 2x1gb

Hi, I am new to this forum and because of this forum I tried to install in my Notebook computer the iATKOSv1.0i and it works fine including the wifi, and the sounds works perfectly, but the application final cut pro did'nt work, How can I resolved the error message "the software quit unexpectedly" ignore, cancel, re-Launched" Can anybody has this experience? Can anybody give us the idea what to do to resolve this issue. Thanks, Unit is: HP Compaq Presario v3432tu, GenuineIntel®CPU T2130@1.86GHz, 2GB DDR2 memory 160GB Hard Disk Space. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...