Install ok...everythings else...not ok. Please help

Pisiku

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, after months of frustrations and a million post read, i give up and i ask for help.

i'll skip my issues with previous releases (iAtkos 1 and kalyway) and i'll stick with iatkos v2.0 to explain my issues.

System:

CPU: intel q6600 quad @ 2.4

MB: asus pk5

RAM: 2 Gb

DVD: Jmicron (IDE to SATA converted)

Graphic card: nvidia 8600 GT, 512 ram

Net card: AttansicL1Ethernet

Sound card: realtek HD

HDD: seagate 320 (50 Gb HFS+, the rest NTSC)

Windows XP running as ususal

The problems start early:

I can't make partition active in terminal coz of some stupid error...therefore can't boot without DVD, f8, rd=disk0s5...i don't mind it that much

Installation goes like a dream and i tryed different setups with different drivers and options...but i alwyas get the same issues: no drivers for graphic, net and audio cards...

Yes i know they'r not supose to work natively but i got all needed patches and installers:

NVinject- not working (installes but nothing changes)

AttansicL1Ethernet scrips not working (coz i don't don't know how to use sudo)

Realtek- not working but irrelevant coz i can use my creative USB

I may need to write some permissions or so (i'm an absolute idiot when it comes to command lines and stuff like this) but i don't know how.

I read many forums, here and virtually on any other site regarding hackintosh, but all i want is to have proper resolution for my display and internet connection

Can anyone help me at least sove the net adapter drivers so i can search more how to fix the nVidia directly from the hack rather that my second computer.

Thank you

attansic ethernet L1 ... see my specs. Audio .... choose alc 883 from install dvd... Garphics, don't know, but surely there is a installer. No AHCI for you unless you flash your board :)

Use kalyway 10.5.1 or Leo4all v3, vanilla kernel and efi, if you get bsods disable speedstep in bios. Shutdown fix on my specs.

If you dual boot, format from xp the leo partition as fat32 and make it active ( disk management), then install.

Good luck :D

attansic ethernet L1 ... see my specs. Audio .... choose alc 883 from install dvd... Garphics, don't know, but surely there is a installer. No AHCI for you unless you flash your board :help:

Use kalyway 10.5.1 or Leo4all v3, vanilla kernel and efi, if you get bsods disable speedstep in bios. Shutdown fix on my specs.

If you dual boot, format from xp the leo partition as fat32 and make it active ( disk management), then install.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm downoalding Loe4All and i'll try again.

Flashing my MoBo...hmmmm...i'll give it a thought...

take care

attansic ethernet L1 ... see my specs. Audio .... choose alc 883 from install dvd... Garphics, don't know, but surely there is a installer. No AHCI for you unless you flash your board ;)

Good luck :D

Sorry to disturb you again with few questions...

Which DVD did u use for your install?

I have the Attansic zip file (the same as your link) but i don't know how to install it (as mentioned, i'm a bit of an idiot when it come to deep computer stuff). Could you give me an idea of how to install the attansic drivers?

I noticed you had to "fix" restart and about this Mac...In my case, they worked fine with no fixing needed. Could this be because of your MB reflash or because you used a different DVD to install (in my case it was always a iAtkos).

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

attansic ... loook in build/release/ and install kext with kexthelper. Later on that thread there is a package installer.

About this mac thing works (native) on only a few processors , generally it is a must nowadays but it also comes bundled in some distros, one of them is leo4all.

Shutdown thing is dependent on kernel, flashing my mobo has nothing to do with it, the fix only allows me to use more kernels.

attansic ... loook in build/release/ and install kext with kexthelper. Later on that thread there is a package installer.

About this mac thing works (native) on only a few processors , generally it is a must nowadays but it also comes bundled in some distros, one of them is leo4all.

Shutdown thing is dependent on kernel, flashing my mobo has nothing to do with it, the fix only allows me to use more kernels.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll get a new HDD specially for Leo and i'll try again.

Cheers