Upgrade retail disc installation to 10.5.3...?

foodfightr

4 posts in this topic

I used the retail disc to install Leopard 10.5.2. This is the post-patch.sh script which I ran to install kexts. (The script is from this guide.)

#!/bin/bash

# My destination disk is labeled "Macintosh" - change "Macintosh" to your value
DESTINATION=Macintosh

# Backup incompatible vanilla kexts
sudo mkdir /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/mach_kernel /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/vanilla/

# Remove incompatible vanilla kexts
sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleEFIRuntime.kext
sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

# It's usually recommended to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext to reduce CPU temperature
# and prevent "Package 0 didnt get an HPET" error.
sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

# Install ALC889a, EFI strings for LAN and Audio, and Natit 3870 drivers if you want it, get rid of the # before that line
# sudo cp -r kext/ALCinject.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/
# sudo cp -r kext/Natit.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -r extra/com.apple.boot.plist /Volumes/$DESTINATION/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

# Install HDA patcher, unzip and drag the txt file to the HDA patcher and then reboot
sudo cp -r extra/HDA.zip /Volumes/$DESTINATION/Applications/

# Page decryption EFI module - required for vanilla and binary hacked kernels, not required for kernels compiled from sources
sudo cp -r kext/dsmos.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/

# PC EFI compatible AppleSMBIOS v.13
sudo cp -r pc_efi_v80/AppleSMBIOS.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/

# ICH9R ATA drivers - without these kexts internal drivers are displayed as external
sudo cp -r kext/AppleAHCIPort.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -r kext/IOAHCIFamily.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -r kext/IOATAFamily.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/

# Realtek Ethernet driver - you need to set static IP settings - DHCP settings are lost after wake from sleep
# sudo cp -r kext/RealtekR1000.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/

# Install Netkas sleep kernel
sudo cp -r extra/kernel/mach_kernel /Volumes/$DESTINATION/

# Remove kext cache (if any)
sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

# Repair permissions - recommended but not required
sudo diskutil repairpermissions /Volumes/$DESTINATION/

# You can reboot now
# sudo reboot

I also installed audio with Taruga_AD1988b_rev3_Installer and video with Natit_Dual_v0.2.

Assuming I download the 10.5.3 update from apple and run this command in terminal:

sudo -s
while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Then I would do...

pico /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

and change "Don't Steal Mac OS X.kext" to "dsmos.kext"

What else would I have to do before rebooting?

• 2 weeks later...