MacOS Font rendering - Do we have another options?

matchop

9 posts in this topic

Hi Gurus and Great Mac OS Fans out there,

I adore MacOS and have been trying Mac for a long time. Each time i find myself very disturbed with the Mac's font rendering technology (slightly blurry).

Please do not lecture me on why it is like it is, I know it all. Just that i love mac so much that i have given it tons of tries, but still ended up going back to windows (not for games or anything, even for casual internet browsing).

The question is, do we have another option? or is there there anything that i can do to reduce the "blurriness"?

ps: i tried changing the font smoothing setting, none seem to do it for me.

okay, since no one cares to reply, or nobody had any idea what i was talking about.

i have to admit, real macs do look much better than mine, and i asked myself, what's the difference? really?

The answer, use DVI port dummy. :) i've been using VGA port and somehow it's blurrier than using DVI port. I didnt think that they have that much differences initially, but once my bro switched to DVI (admitedly, different TFT monitor) the color looked so much better.

switching to DVI port gave me a bit improvements over the blurriness, though it is not as sharp as in Windows, but i can live with it now. ;)

The answer, use DVI port dummy. :) i've been using VGA port and somehow it's blurrier than using DVI port. I didnt think that they have that much differences initially, but once my bro switched to DVI (admitedly, different TFT monitor) the color looked so much better.

switching to DVI port gave me a bit improvements over the blurriness, though it is not as sharp as in Windows, but i can live with it now. :)

Agree, DVI looks better than VGA for me too. There is a option at the bottom of System Preferences - Appearance that changes the type of font smoothing, but it's not a drastic option. You can try that.

DVI is way nicer, also go to system prefs -> appeareance and set 'font smoothing' at the bottom to another value until you think it looks best. i have mine set to 'medium'. you'll need to restart your apps to notice the new settings.