10.5.2 on an HP DV9700

RedDrag0n

6 posts in this topic

I'm planning on getting an HP DV9700 laptop (DV9743CL to be exact) and i'm wondering, what obstacles will i run into? I plan on having two hard drives installed, one is XP, the other with OS X 10.5.2. here are the specs on the laptop.

hpdv9743cl_specs.jpg

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the same laptop or one similar with experience installing OS X, info regarding that would be helpful too.

Thank you.

You will not have wireless. Depending on your sound card, you may not have sound, or may not have headphones and or mic. Depending on the card reader, that may not work as well. I don't know about the webcam or video card (video should work). Check the OSx86 wiki for hardware compatibility and look in the forum for howtos.

Alright, i will do that. Before i made the post, i did a search on the forums for anyone else with the DV9700 series laptop and they said they couldn't get their webcam working. They didn't say anything about the sound or such. So hopefully it goes smoothly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to install it on a DV9731CA with the following results

Display: Worked OK but choppy on video

Web cam: Did not work

Sleep/Hibernation: Crashed Computer

Network Adapter: found but did not work

Audio: Did not work

Card Reader: Did not work

Remote: Did not work

USB: Had issues with memory keys

Wireless Network: not even detected

Results..

Pros - It Ran

Cons - Nothing Worked.....

Judgment: Waste of time!

• 7 months later...
I'm planning on getting an HP DV9700 laptop (DV9743CL to be exact) and i'm wondering, what obstacles will i run into? I plan on having two hard drives installed, one is XP, the other with OS X 10.5.2. here are the specs on the laptop.

hpdv9743cl_specs.jpg

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the same laptop or one similar with experience installing OS X, info regarding that would be helpful too.

Thank you.

Did you ever get Leo to work? I've been trying on and off for about a month and I can't get it to run on my dv9700. I have that version installed correctly on my Maxtor portable hard drive but it won't boot. HP's BIOS seems to lack the option to change settings.