Secondary IDE

8 posts in this topic

Its took me days but ive just relised why my CD burner wasn't working. switched from secondary IDE to Primary and there it is.

But i loose my second hard drive does anyone have a fix for this?

I have an MSI(sis964) MotherBoard and checked Bios everything is switched on...

I need my second hard Drive for storage as the image is only 6 Gig.

Help Needed please if anyone knows please reply.

I have two drives, each with two partitions each. It seems that OS X are very random in when it recognizes the drives. Usually all four partitions are mounted on the desktop, but sometimes (right now for example) only three are mounted (which one is missing is totally random). So maybe you should just try reboot?

I have two drives, each with two partitions each. It seems that OS X are very random in when it recognizes the drives. Usually all four partitions are mounted on the desktop, but sometimes (right now for example) only three are mounted (which one is missing is totally random). So maybe you should just try reboot?

Ive rebooted heaps its definatly the Secondary IDE it does not see, as i have swapped cables and and it then recognises the drives but on on primary IDE.

But thanks anyway...

ok i had the same problem and this is how i fixed it

you cant have two hard disks or two cd/dvd drives on the first ide channel or it will lose the second drive on the first ide channel

this doesnt happen to the second ide channel ... atleast for me

so just set it up with

first ide channel

dvd/cd (master)

hdd (slave)

second ide channel

dvd/cd (master)

hdd (slave)

well it worked for me hope it helps you out

ok i had the same problem and this is how i fixed it

you cant have two hard disks or two cd/dvd drives on the first ide channel or it will lose the second drive on the first ide channel

this doesnt happen to the second ide channel ... atleast for me

so just set it up with

first ide channel

dvd/cd (master)

hdd (slave)

second ide channel

dvd/cd (master)

hdd (slave)

well it worked for me hope it helps you out

Sorry tried that no joy.

Im thinking Mobo not supported, Just no second IDE

what about the jumpers make sure there set to master or slave .. NO CABLE SELECT ... osx doesnt like cable select

Yep tried that to.

Funny thing is late last night OSX86 Crashed. So restarted it and it saw all drives.

Then shut it down and this morning only IDE 1 again so fecking wierd its Pssing me of now...

Because other than that its working great, one small problem is so anoying....