Good 27inch LCD?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This 20inch widescreen monitor just isn't as awesome as it was two years ago. I'm in the market for ~27incher now.

Any recommendations? The monitor will be used for some gaming, a little programming and perhaps a little picture and video editing.

-Thanks in advance.

all monitors from 24 to 27" have the same pixels 1920 x 1200

at 30" they start to have a higher resolution.

i ve taken an eizo with 24" and i dont regret my choice.

think about it 24" are cheaper with same resolution and thats what counts, not the bigger pixel

Well I'd prefer to keep the budget low, but usually end up going way over! For something like a monitor, I think it's worth it to invest in something high. What do you think?

On second thought, 30inches is looking pretty sweet....

27 inch is a pretty sweet monitor. Look at 720P and 1080P LCD televisions as well. They can make a great monitor.

I would not have recommended 720P TVs because they have a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, which is a heck of a downgrade from a 1680 x 1050 pixel 20" monitor. However, the 1080P LCD TVs have a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080, which is nearly that of the average 24" to 28" monitor, which is 1920 x 1200.

However, I do recommend getting a 30" monitor instead because it has a vastly higher resolution, which would allow one to view more information with greater detail, clearness, and sharpness, whereas not being massively more expensive than a 27".

If I were you, I would have gotten a 24" or a 30". Nevertheless, it is your choice, and there are some wonderful 27" monitors out there that are just absolutely stunning.