Drive Genius II

the_gael

3 posts in this topic

I have just downloaded the latest version of Drive Genius - v2.0.2 and cannot get it to boot into my Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD Vanilla install on my Hac Pro.

Is anyone aware if this is a generic issue with booting on a machine that has Leopard installed? I have seen hints elsewhere that such an issue exists. On the Prosoft website they say there is an issue with SATA drives on Leopard but suggest that the workround is to boot using a BOOT DVD image which they supply - I have this boot image and have created a Boot DVD but it fails to Boot each time. I have tried burning onto DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD-DL+R media in case there was an issue with the media type but nothing seems to persuade it to boot.

Any suggestions welcome - of course I would also be delighted to hear from anyone who has this successfully working on a OSX86 machine.

Thanks

Hah! Just answering my own question - Drive Genius II can't boot newer Intel Macs with Leopard installed - so I guess this includes my OSX86 machine as the issue seems to be to do with the unavailability from Apple of a Leopard boot disk for developers to use!

--

<h3 style="color: black;">Drive Genius Frequently Asked Questions</h3>

I can not boot to my Drive Genius 2 boot DVD, how can I fix this?

Drive Genius 2 ships with a single Universal DVD. This DVD will boot both PowerPC®-based Macs and Intel®-based Macs. *

* IMPORTANT: As of February 2008, the Drive Genius DVD cannot boot some newer model Intel based Macs shipped after June of 2007. As soon as Apple provides third party developers with a Leopard (10.5) compatible boot disc for newer model Macs, we will produce a new Drive Genius DVD. Please call tech support if you have questions about the boot DVD.

To start up from the bootable DVD, hold down the C key as the computer starts up. If you are working on your startup drive, you will have to boot from the Drive Genius 2 DVD or another drive with Drive Genius 2 on it.

No, ists an X86 (hackinthosh) problem !

Original Boot CD/DVDs for OS X like Diskwarrior CD / Techtoolpro CD / ..... / (not OSX86 patched) will not boot/work on hackintoshs.

Kernel wrong, EFI patch is not available , special OSX86 drivers (graphic,...) not available.