Localize the installation

mcstanga

16 posts in this topic

i've changed the language of my deadmoo installation!

on the tiger ppc installation dvd i found a package named italian.pkg

i've installed it on the deadmoo osx x86 without any problem.

then with tinkertool system i've changed the boot language to italian.

i rebooted the system and now it's all in italian.

only "system preference" sill in english, and "open with rosetta" is not translated, it appear as "I_G100", but still work as in english ;)

bye,

Ale.

i've changed the language of my deadmoo installation!

on the tiger ppc installation dvd i found a package named italian.pkg

i've installed it on the deadmoo osx x86 without any problem.

then with tinkertool system i've changed the boot language to italian.

i rebooted the system and now it's all in italian.

only "system preference" sill in english, and "open with rosetta" is not translated, it appear as "I_G100", but still work as in english  ;)

bye,

Ale.

Can you tell us step-by-step how you did it?

I'm going to get the deadmoo img while I already have the full DVD (pheNIX release).

Yes, it has been said in the first post and I'm waiting to know exactly how. ;)

- 1) First, you need an original copy of Tiger install dvd por Powerpc to extract a file called (yourlanguaje).pkg. For a spanish user it would be spanish.pkg.

- 2) Install that package on your osx x86 system.

- 3) Download Tinkertool System from: http://www.bresink.de/Downloads/TinkerToolSystem.dmg.gz

- 4) Change startup languaje for yours.

- 5) Reboot.

- 6) Enjoy !!!

- 2) Install that package on your osx x86 system.

From what I'm understanding with 'install' you actually meant copy/move from DVD to a local folder, and the REAL installation is done by Tinkertool System?

Any specific folder, or whatever is just fine?

be careful, if you change the language, some apps won't run after. I installed the french package, and at least one application didn't run (activity monitor)

To fix this, go to system preference, international, and put enflish at the top of the prefered manguage list.

i just run the pkg provided by tiger powerpc dvd in root acc, enable the international menu in finder and good to go, no any mistery to get that.

i have here packages from brazil and keyboard layout abnt2 (most comon keyboard layout here). If someone need portuguese-brazilian or other localizations. please mp-me.

i just run the pkg provided by tiger powerpc dvd in root acc, enable the international menu in finder and good to go, no any mistery to get that.

i have here packages from brazil and keyboard layout abnt2 (most comon keyboard layout here). If someone need portuguese-brazilian or other localizations. please mp-me.

Could someone please post the british pkg or email me - psycx @t ntlworld d0t com

Thank you!!

• 6 months later...

O layout abnt2 que você tem está com as teclas da barra/interrogação(/?), e barra invertida(\|) funcionando? Eu encontrei um na net, mas essas teclas estão sem função. :pirate2:

• 8 months later...

I tried this method. Install from Jas 10.4.6 and after installing the german.pkg from the dvd and adjusting the boot up language in tinkertool system. The "Welcome OS X is starting up"-screen is german but that's about it. Finder is not. Folder names are not.

Any suggestions?