DOOMUNGUS Problem with networking

gadgetsboyj

4 posts in this topic

OK. I have Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 on my sister's Dell Dimension E510. I install, get it set up, hand it over to her. Next day, internet gone, must reinstall. Is it anything SHE is doing? Is it a driver problem? I used the method here to get internet and sound. The first time I installed, she messed it up by downloading Snapz PRO and deleting it even though it starts with the system. It made her get a kernal panic about every 5 minutes but I formatted so that can't be causing the network problem. Any help appreciated! BTW, she'll be home in a few hours and she'll give up on Leopard.

???? Installing or uninstalling an application should not cause a kernel panic. Likewise, formatting a disk has nothing whatsoever to do with network problems later on. You should both stick with Windows or Linux because it sounds like you don't know what you're doing.

???? Installing or uninstalling an application should not cause a kernel panic. Likewise, formatting a disk has nothing whatsoever to do with network problems later on. You should both stick with Windows or Linux because it sounds like you don't know what you're doing.

No, I know what I'm doing. She did not uninstall it, she deleted the app's executable. I'm not sure how it was starting at login but it was NOT the "Open at Login" thing in Settings or in the dock. Anyway, I re-installed Leopard again and I'm not gonna install LogMeIn which was something I installed every time and it uses the net so maybe that will work. Again, my laptop has been fine since 1st install.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with my dell dimension e510 when i install kalyway leopard my firewire pci cards work fine until i install the patches intelpro_100_ve_driver_copy.zip ( 812.39K ) Number of downloads: 158

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip ( 865.82K ) Number of downloads: 138

AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.zip ( 931.27K ) Number of downloads: 135

codec_Sigma9220.txt ( 4.03K ) Number of downloads: 237

I now see Firewire Not Connected and Ethernet Not Connected. Please Someone Help.