Is my PC able to run OSx86?

samm5506

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to these forums and I just recently(today) found out that I can run the new Mac OS X on my PC. It is an ingenious idea and I am very much interested. I need some advice on what method I should use to do this and if my PC is good enough.

Heres my basic specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Hard Drive: 320 GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)

I plan on adding another ~150-200GB harddrive for the Mac OSX. Would I be able to install it to that instead of partitioning my HDD?

What is the best method I should use? I'm thinking using Kalway Intel/AMD 10.5.2 because (I'm pretty sure) it supports AMD processors. Yes, my AMD processor does have SSE3.

PLEASE HELP! :unsure:

DL Kalyway 10.5.2 V2 and see if the DVD will boot, follow the instruction. I would recomend starting with a different HDD so you do mess up your vista drive.

DL Kalyway 10.5.2 V2 and see if the DVD will boot, follow the instruction. I would recomend starting with a different HDD so you do mess up your vista drive.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, thats what I was planning on doing. Just got to download the stuff now and install an extra HDD.

Yea Do it on the other drive and then use your bios to choose which drive you want to boot from. That way you don't have to mess with a boot-loader. Thats what i did to make things a bit easier.

I am a bit of a noob with the innercores of computers so i need a little help. The BIOS your talking about is the screen that will allow me to choose what OS I would like to run, correct? Also, If this site allows it, could anybody link me to a non-torrent download for the Kalaway V2 Download?