Spam and bogus questions

Metrogirl

3 posts in this topic

Anyone posting a bogus topic and then replying to themselves to promote software will find the post deleted and, if it's apparent that they created the account just to spam, they will be banned as well. No warnings.

Example - new user on IP address X posts a question "Can anyone recommend a good piece of software to do Y?"

After some sincere members have gone to a lot of effort to help, another new user on a very similar IP address comes along and says "Software Z is the best! Rant! Rave! Enthuse!" Then they give a link to the product.

Come on, guys. Why on earth would a first-time poster create an account on InsanelyMac just to ask a question about Windows software? You think we're stupid? You'd be better off going to Doom9 or CDFreaks for noob questions about DVD ripping and that sort of stuff, and ten seconds on Google would prove that. Remember, the staff here can see the IP address you post from and there's a small group of addresses which appear time and time again with this sort of sh*t.

If you are genuine in your request for software advice, make it clear and show that you've made an attempt to do some research yourself. If your post still gets deleted and you think that's unfair, let us know. But don't screw us around. Moderation decisions are final.

That's why I generally report these idiots. All they're doing is taking up space in the database and polluting my forum view. XD

Haven't seen ya in a while, Metrogirl.

Haven't seen both of you around in a while. Yeah, I hate all those spam topics. If they want to sell their product why don't they just get their lazy bums and pay ads. :glare: