McCain is a loon

42 posts in this topic

I think what we need, and I agree with Jesse Ventura, that we need a "None of the Above" option on the poll. What that says is, "I am here to vote, but it is a vote of no confidence." I am willing to bet, that "None of the Above" would indeed win.

What we need is true, instant run-off elections, allowing you to select option A, then B if A fails, and so on. This, and this alone, would allow a break from the two party system (and is exactly why you'll never see it happen on a federal level). A vote of no confidence solves nothing.

As for Jesse Ventura... He accomplished very little as governor of MN (his claimed property tax reform has all but been undone, and was only possible because of the relative easy ride he had during a time of budget surpluses). Completely full of hot air. One notable accomplishment was the destruction of public property (the governor's mansion) by allowing his dogs free reign, scratching, biting, pissing and crapping everywhere. What a wonderfully thoughtful man.

Have the two of you bothered to read his book? Or maybe watched just a few of the short clips of his "mentor" that are on various sites like youtube? Wright is pretty clearly the kind of guy who needs to be knocked upside the head with a hard object. Or maybe racism doesn't work both ways? Is it only fat white guys in hoods who qualify as racists now? Because the last time I checked wright is every bit as hateful, he just hasn't killed anyone that I know of.

I was unaware that McCain started a war, let alone the war. Might this be the same war that Obama voted to fund, twice?

The problem is that the troops are already underfunded, so to not vote for it leaves one in a pickle. It wouldn't be a good service to the troops if they had to fight a war with absolutely no funding. Plus, Obama has stated that he will pull troops out...slowly. McCain wants to continue the war and potentially increase troop levels, which essentially puts more of Iraq's responsibility on our hands.

Look at his website, you can download detailed PDF's on every issue of his. He is more than specific enough, its not his fault the media doesn't cover it. Also when you are giving 30 minute speeches, it does not really make sense to go into in-depth specifics on everything, for that people need to read, people haven't been...

Well, not for everything. I'm concerned how Obama will handle the health care crisis. Putting such a large program under government control won't be easy and it'll require a huge spike in tax rates (something he doesn't mention).

However, Obama recieves far less money from lobbyists, so I see him as more "for the people" than Hillary or McCain, especially on the technological side (like net neutrality).

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.php?ind=K02

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.php?ind=B12

What we need is true, instant run-off elections, allowing you to select option A, then B if A fails, and so on. This, and this alone, would allow a break from the two party system (and is exactly why you'll never see it happen on a federal level). A vote of no confidence solves nothing.

A very good point. Another idea would be for each party, both the major and minor ones, would pick some candidates (max 8) and let them each get equal speaking time on the MSM. Then, we vote for one candidate for each party all at once, a.k.a. Primary Day. Give about two weeks to a month for campaigning & debates and then hold the general election. This would eliminate much of the money factor that goes into these elections.

My offer still stands........

Maybe, if we can convince JonTheSavage to run for office, he can become another Kennedy!?

QUOTE(djet @ May 19 2008, 04:16 AM) post_snapback.gifSo we can shoot him?

Jk....

Yes, please do. Then the VP could have the Secret Service on you like white on rice, in a glass of milk, in a paper plate, in a snow storm.

You can go ahead, and live in your video game world little one. But know this, when you are cold, hungry, and lying in a ditch with your teeth pulled out by UN troops, you can thank your liberal friends for declaring martial law. Because they control your currency, your GMO food, and your technology.

You are indeed, a fool. And BTW, if you ever threaten me again, You will have a lot more to worry about than me.

Yes, please do. Then the VP could have the Secret Service on you like white on rice, in a glass of milk, in a paper plate, in a snow storm.

You can go ahead, and live in your video game world little one. But know this, when you are cold, hungry, and lying in a ditch with your teeth pulled out by UN troops, you can thank your liberal friends for declaring martial law. Because they control your currency, your GMO food, and your technology.

You are indeed, a fool. And BTW, if you ever threaten me again, You will have a lot more to worry about than me.

:)

insert: (I'm so scared, icon)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

BTW, it was "djet @ May 19 2008, 04:16 AM) post_snapback.gifSo we can shoot him?"

SticMAN

yeah maintain a cool and racist temperament. Obama is a pile of {censored}, I wish he'd crawl back to whatever backwards part of Il. he came from. Let me break it down for you: He is one of two things: Either he's a racist pile of {censored} and needs be to booted out of public office. OR he's being honest, and he qualifies as one of the least observant people since terry shaivo, in which case he really has no place running a country. I've never seen his scumbag pastor in my life, and I can tell you without a doubt he's an idiot and a racist. He's been mentored by the guy for 20 years, takes recordings of his sermons to listen to on the road... but he had no idea the guy was a racist?! just dumb. Maybe we can get kkkramer to run for office next, make a good vp for obama.

You sound like all you do is watch Fox news and hide behind a curtain all day. I sure hope our whole contry isn't this way.

Alot like this girl actually.. :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSXUfu16pUw

If I didn't know better, I would have guessed that, the girls is either JonTheSavage's wife, or daughter! :thumbsup_anim:

I love the way you can tell she lives in her room with the curtains drawn permanently!

SticMAN

You sound like all you do is watch Fox news and hide behind a curtain all day. I sure hope our whole contry isn't this way.

Alot like this girl actually.. -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSXUfu16pUw

• 3 weeks later...
If I didn't know better, I would have guessed that, the girls is either JonTheSavage's wife, or daughter! :P

I love the way you can tell she lives in her room with the curtains drawn permanently!

SticMAN

Did your mother give you skim milk when you were a baby?

Did your mother give you skim milk when you were a baby?

Is this another conspiracy theory? :)

I think once I was off breastfeeding, we all drank full fat till I was about 10, now we use semi skimmed.

Drinking full fat in my tea now is like having cream! :2cents:

Is this another conspiracy theory? :)

I think once I was off breastfeeding, we all drank full fat till I was about 10, now we use semi skimmed.

Drinking full fat in my tea now is like having cream! :P

No. Scientific fact. Baby's brain needs fat to develop! :D

No. Scientific fact. Baby's brain needs fat to develop! :thumbsup_anim:

Ah, thought that was what you are getting at.

There is actually guidance on the bottles telling people not to give cows milk to children under 18 months

Perhaps we should be giving them bottled hot water instead :thumbsup_anim:

Breast milk is best, but whiskey runs a close second.

You are right. Mother's milk is best. Thats why people are talking about it more lately, its natural.

But whiskey works good for mouth wash. Crushing some mint, and mixing it in a blender with Wild Turkey works good for a tooth ache, or mouth wash. Most of my stuff, I make my own. Mouthwash, toothpaste, etc... I don't trust the stuff you buy in the store. With the rate of cancer as high as it is, the NWO is jumping for glee.

• 1 month later...

McCain has been AWOL when it comes to supporting his fellow veterans and the proof is his Anti-Veteran voting record.

the Disabled American Veterans rated McCain 20% on legislation they deemed pertinent. I won't mention Obama's rating since this is the Sen. McCain Thread

McCain voted 5 times in favor of supporting Americas Disabled Veterans and 11 times against them.

9/2007: McCain voted AGAINST bill to minimize periods of time between deployment of units sent to Iraq.

http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_cal...&vote=00341

5/2006: McCain voted AGAINST $20 Million to VA for health care facilities.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00111

4/2006: McCain voted AGAINST $430,000,000 to VA for Medical Services.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00098

3/2006: McCain voted AGAINST increasing Vet-medical services $1.5 billion in FY2007.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00041

3/2004: McCainvoted AGAINST increasing Vet-medical care by $1.8 billion.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00040

10/2003: McCain voted to TABLE an amendment for $322,000,000 for safety equipment for USforces. "Table"= vote never hits floor.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00376

10/2003: McCain voted to TABLE a vote for $1 Billion for National Guard and Reserve Equipment in Iraq dueto:shortage of helmets, tents, bullet-proof inserts, & tactical vests.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...&vote=00116

McCain also opposed the Webb/Hagel GI Bill. McCain said his objection to the last Vote on Military Benefits was that he wanted more for Educational Benefits for Career Military. And for those benefits to be transferable to children and spouses of Career Military.

There is a reason every veteran's organization supported the 21st Century GI Bill. McCain did not support giving more benefits to career vets, he proposed decreased benefits for first-term troops to creat a difference in the payments.

Those differences meant $20,000 in student loans for 4yr, 6yr and 10yr vets. It also meant $5,000 in student loans for 20yr vets.Also, the transferability option that was added was not what Sen. McCain had originally proposed.McCain's proposal would have only allowed 50% transferability after 6yrs and 100% after 12 yrs of service.

I Don't believe McLiar when he tells us they "compromised" on the GI Bill. He clearly supported giving career servicemembers like myself and veterans the proverbial "SHAFT".