Hp pavilion dv2312us...

GandS

15 posts in this topic

Hello. Ive been seaching this forum and others for a long time now for some answers to my questions. Im just simply not finding anything (unless Im completely retarded and looking in the wrong places!) So, if anyone can help me out at all, Id greatly appreciate it!

I have an Hp Pavilion dv2000 (the dv2312us to be specific). The specs are as follow:

Processor: Amd Turion 64x2

Ram: 2gb

Harddrive: 120 gb sata

Bios: Phoenixbios

Motherboard: RV326UAR

graphics card: Nvidia geforce go 6150

(anything else you may need to know, just ask, im not great at finding specs out...)

I've tried Leo4all v2, the ToH version, Jas amd 10.4.8, Kalyway 10.5.1, and a few others with no luck. I simply cannot get it to work. The dvd will boot. I have never ever ever reached the apple boot screen on this computer. It always comes up with .plist boot errors or some other errors Ive never seen before. I am running out of options and ideas to try. Ive read things about making switches in my bios, but i can never find the options people are mentioning or anything. Has anyone gotten it working on this computer? I really just want leopard running on here, whether i need to start with tiger or not. I havent got the money right now to purchase a mac, and I am really needing leopard for a few things i want to try out. I've had it working perfectly (minus wifi) on a compaq c300, which had terrible specs.

If anyone can help me out at all, id really really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Hi i have the HP G6000 or HP G6000EG

with mostly the same specs, ihave an nforce4 chipset and i also tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4allv3

and i have the same Problems

maybe someone has the same notebook and can help me.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand waht i mean.

sorry guys, i use to get this before also but today i am running my hacintosh on a hp amd dv6000, the solution for this problem is have discussed several times. but here it is again - i recommend kalyway 10.5.2.

the reason why you are getting this problem is osx at startup is looking for this file somewhere else, so there it goes

the solution or remedy: press esc button, choose pc harddrive, press F8, at the prompt type -v -x, cross your finger.

Ok, so I just tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd. I booted with -v -x, and it actually started booting up the kext files, but then eventually came to "Waiting on Root Device"

After hitting a key, it started running again, and then a few minutes later my computer just shut down. I then tried again booting with the Sleepkernel. It just gave me the plist boot error. Is there anything else I can do at all??

I just downloaded the new Leo4All v3, and I got booted up into the disk and installed. But, upon reboot and the first run, it says press any key for boot opions. So, I did that, and i booted with -v, but all it did was look just like it was booting from the dvd, and I never made it to the set up screen to set up my mac. I never got the os running. What should I do here? Ive never seen that before. Once the os is installed, shouldnt it reboot and just go to the apple screen, not running all the kext things again?

Here is a better list of specs:

Product Name: DV2312US.

US Product Number: RV326UA#ABA.

Microprocessor: 1.6 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-52, 2x 512KB L2 Cache.

Memory: 2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm).

Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA).

Hard Drive: 120GB 5400RPM (SATA).

Multimedia Drive: LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD ± R/RW with Double Layer Support.

if you still have the kalyway disk, turn off multi-processor in the bios then the usual, for me i developed so many way to counter several error i encountered, so of which i am trying to shed here.

most times you pop the cd inand it reach a point it seams to stop loading - due to my experience it doesn't matter, i have installed several pc when the installation decides to take a break then continue after a few minutes, so if you see this sometimes it is ok except "awaiting root for stuff ".

2. do the installation when the pc is cold - unuse for a while, also delete the partiton to install to before installing.

3.pop in the cd,-----> esc button---->choose your cd/dvd drive------>at the prompt -v -x (try with one or nothing to see what works)

You can use a Linux LiveCD (I used Ubuntu 7.10) and use GParted/Partition Editor to format your drive.

Are you multi-booting?

If so, format your drive with whatever amount for Windows and however much for Mac OS. Choose NTFS or FAT32 for Windows and format the Mac-intended partition with FAT32. If you aren't multi-booting, then just format the whole drive FAT32.

Then you'll be able to format your Mac OS partition to HFS+ from Disk Utility on the install disc.

If your drives aren't showing up in Disk Utility AT ALL, then you might not have the appropriate controller for your SATA drive installed. In which case, it'd probably be best to inject the necessary kext into the install image and reburn.

I have an HP dv2125nr that I have tested Mac OSx86 on. Since I didn't want to FUBAR the system until I knew critical components worked, I installed onto an external IDE drive in a USB enclosure for testing. This was with Zephyroth Rev2. I haven't experimented any time recently, but I haven't been able to get the OS to boot post install. That's the trouble with this funky setup I've been doing.

I am hoping to try Leo4Allv3 once I have time.

Thanks a ton for the info! My hardrive shows up, Im just not able to erase and format it to the mac os journaled drive. So, If I use ubuntu, and use gparted, that should work? I did that once upon a time, and Ive totally forgotten about it. Thanks a ton, I'll let you know how it goes. Im reburning leo4all 3, seeing if that helps at all.

Ok, Ive got the Ubuntu ultimate edition dvd, ran it(decided to try it out so Im doing a tri-boot) but I was unable to find a way to get into gparted and make a mac partition....anyone know why?

After downloading the Gparted live cd, booting up and making a partition, I am unable to create an hfs+ partition. They option is grayed out. Does anyone know why?

As was suggested earlier - just format it as FAT32 using Gparted and then OSX's Disk Utility will be able to erase and reformat to HFS+.

Thanks everyone who has helped me out.

Alright, so I successfully installed kalyway 10.5.2 finally! Ive got it dual booted with vista, and I use the darwin bootloader, BUT, upon running leopard, I always seem to get stuck at waiting on root device. I did notice that the messages change depending on how i boot up, whether it be -v, -f, sleepkernel, or whatever. Any idea?