Changed Resolution but everything looks squashed, how to enable widescreen

spooksie

5 posts in this topic

The new resolution works, however everything looks squashed. Is there a widescreen option that I can add to my boot.plist?

I have added this to my com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050×32"</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

• 2 months later...

Yeah i too am having trouble the same as you.I have an inspiron 9300 with 17inch widescreen with a Radeon x300, i installed osx86 10.4.5 on it eventually although the hitches were very minor. Eveything works ok, USB2, ethernet dvdrw etc. except i can not set my resolution to anything other than 1024x768. I know there have beeen several posts about this subject and i was wondering if anyone could relate to this problem and can provide us with a viable solution other than using command prompts, or atleast command prompts that work. we not jsut go into the boot.plist and enter the screen size we are after? What programme should we use to edit the script. etc.

what does the x32 mean in the scripting? I tried altering the boot entry but did not work, how did you edit it, maybe i should try copying your lines into my boot file to see if it works.