Geforce 8800GT 512meg

bolero

12 posts in this topic

hey guys, i just sucessfully installed Mac os X via Leo4allV3. Everything works, Lan sound, etc. Im typing this now from the install!

I have a EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512meg, installed the nvInject 1.3 off of the leo install DVD, however I cannot get over 1024x768 resolution, QE is not enabled, and my device ID is 0x0611.

How am i able to get full QE support and be able to increase my resolution? One install i attempted to install the NVinstaller v.41 however that bricked my system, had to reinstall so im assuming i did not set that up correctly.

Any instructions on how to get this going, that would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

hey guys, i just sucessfully installed Mac os X via Leo4allV3. Everything works, Lan sound, etc. Im typing this now from the install!

I have a EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512meg, installed the nvInject 1.3 off of the leo install DVD, however I cannot get over 1024x768 resolution, QE is not enabled, and my device ID is 0x0611.

How am i able to get full QE support and be able to increase my resolution? One install i attempted to install the NVinstaller v.41 however that bricked my system, had to reinstall so im assuming i did not set that up correctly.

Any instructions on how to get this going, that would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

What do you mean by "bricking" your system? What were your symptoms?

Sorry about that, heh should of described that more.

when i rebooted, OSX would not load. I believe it was a kernel panic. The verbose showed some panic error and halted from there.

you need the following to get 8800gt's working:

-Leopard Graphics Update

-NVInject or NVkush (I prefer NVkush)

if you're lazy or unable to get 10.5.2 installed or whatever, go find Scott Dangel's blog and get his package that will install the proper drivers and NVinject (scottdangel.com/blog)

I do have Leo4allV3 which is 10.5.2. The leopard graphics update? I do not believe i have installed that. Is that available through the sioftware update in OS X?

Also i have tried the Scott Dangel's Blog and could not get that to work, perhaps its because of the leopard graphics update, which i do not have installed.

I will attempt to install that and then reinstall NVInject.

the Leopard Graphics update is in software update and requires 10.5.2. the package from scott dangel will install the drivers from the graphics update.

ahh hmm.. well if scott dangels package installs some stuff from the leopard graphics update, then i guess installing the leopard graphics update then his package wont do anything, since his package makes my system Panic. Is the netkas kernel option required to be installed from his package?

is this on a core 2 machine or something or nforce chipset? you might have to remove all device IDs from the geforce kexts and only put in the one from your video card. what happens is the geforce kexts sees your nforce hardware and tries to load the driver for it and crashes.

if you're on a core2 it shouldnt matter if you're using a patched kernel or no, vanilla kernel will work.

Yeah this is a core 2 duo E8400, nForce 750i board. I have tried removing all ID's in a few files, such as the NVDANV50 NVDARASMAN and GeForce.kexts and putting in my device ID 0x061110de, however that yields the same result sadly. Display fail error, Family matching error, and an error off the top of my head i remember being about PCI and it had the vendor ID 10DE, let me get my log files and ill post the actual errors im getting.

Ialso notice its been trying to load NVDANV30's 40's as well as 50's however im pretty sure my 8800 GT card only needs the V50? perhaps i should remove the others?

yes your right if you try to make it load all the NVDANV's and not just the V50 for your card then it will crash. Also note that you need to repair permissions and boot with -f after editing or installing any kext's I personally do this from -s using kalyway's /movevideodrivers script and answering "No" to all the questions

• 3 weeks later...

so deleting the other nvhals or w/e wont effect it? i have 8500gt, and i installed the 10.5.2 kexts and nvkush and its like its not loading the kexts because im booted up with default res and everything (like i didnt install them). when i reboot i should use the -f flag? or boot with -s and then type /movevideodrivers and answer no to everyting?

• 1 year later...
you need the following to get 8800gt's working:

-Leopard Graphics Update

-NVInject or NVkush (I prefer NVkush)

if you're lazy or unable to get 10.5.2 installed or whatever, go find Scott Dangel's blog and get his package that will install the proper drivers and NVinject (scottdangel.com/blog)

scottdangel.com/blog Not working