Kalyway 10.5.2-Installation won't boot

chambo622

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I downloaded a Kalyway 10.5.2 disc from piratebay to install on my PC. The specs are:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Core 2 Duo E6300

4 GB RAM (4x1 GB, DDR2-667)

2x 250 GB hard drives

IDE DVD-RW drive

I have Vista installed on one hard drive, and I ran the Leopard installer to create a partition and install on the second hard drive. I picked MBR as the partition type, and selected both the default "sleep" kernal as well as the "vanilla" kernal. I selected all audio driver, network drivers, and the ATI video drivers. The install finished fine, but when I go to boot, the spinning wheel locks up after about a minute. Starting up Leopard using the -v switch results in the boot process pausing at a line that ends in "content IndexOpenBulk :No index.

This is without the Leopard disc in the drive. Hopefully someone can help here who's already gone through all this before. I'll be happy to provide additional information if needed. Thanks in advance.

[Edit: removied torrent link]

I've tried a few other things, but no avail. I've tried the following switches at the boot menu:

maxmem=2048

cpus=1

-x

-f

None seem to work. It occassionally pauses at a different location, but none seem to finish booting.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to some expert help.

I've tried a few other things, but no avail. I've tried the following switches at the boot menu:

maxmem=2048

cpus=1

-x

-f

None seem to work. It occassionally pauses at a different location, but none seem to finish booting.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to some expert help.

I got a similar trouble, leopard manages to load that gray booting screen just to get frozen there.

but in my case, darwin complains about "errors encountered".

Maybe you could search the forum there is plenty of information about your particular motherboard. And... I don't think selecting every driver an so

was a good idea at all, pal...

• 8 months later...

AFAIK. Leopard needs a SATA DVD drive to succesfully install. I also applied a patch to make it boot at all without the DVD in the drive, I found it in this very forum. My problem now is the DVD is gone, LEopard can't see it anymore.