Always asks to restart

zeroonnet

9 posts in this topic

I instaled it without any problems. And when i turn on the PC the logo of apple appears and it says:

You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart Button.

I reboot but it keep asking the same :S

Can you help me please?

sorry to jack the thread, but I am having the same exact issue. Installed 10.5.1 w/o a problem, installed combo update (from download), and then rebooted. Now each time I boot, it keeps telling me to reboot.

gigabyte p32-ds3l

e8400 (stock)

2gb ram (1 memory stick)

installed to hard drive with two partions (80/21 with guid partition scheme)

I booted with -v option, this is what it says:

Package 0 didnt get an HPET (says this like 15 times in a row)

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x2F040D50) no HPETS available....CPU(s) configured incorrectly

\n @ /sourceCode/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Debugger called <panic>

Backtrace, format-frame:return address (4 potential args on stack)

then 3 lines of different memory addresses

backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

kernal loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies) com.apple.drive.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (9.33.0) @ 0x2f052fff

Any ideas? im pretty syre I set all the correct bios options as the guide said.

• 5 months later...

I am also having this same problem. I started using -v and clearly saw a kernel panic. I am not at the location of this machine right now, when I am I will try to post the information.

I am really just wondering if anyone had resolved this issue? I'm almost certain it's going to be related to the hardware in the machine in regards to the drivers being loaded.

I only have this problem with 10.5, but I started off installing 10.4.6, it would just start with "b0 error" I set the partition as active and it still gave me the same error. 10.4.8 did the same thing with b0 error. 10.5 gives me this reboot error.

• 2 months later...

Sounds to me like you guys forgot to delete the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext file. You need to boot to a working OSX install and get into the terminal. Delete this file, repair permissions and reboot to see if that helps.