How to get Built in Audio detected in System Profiler - Asus P5WDH

optikol1

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

For all you owners of P5W DH rigs, do you all exprience this problem. I cannot get any built in audio detected in the system profiler, I am running kalyway 10.5.2 , everything works but this. I have tried the latest apple HDA patcher with what should be the right kext and still nothing.

All help is appreciated

tHX

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

For all you owners of P5W DH rigs, do you all exprience this problem. I cannot get any built in audio detected in the system profiler, I am running kalyway 10.5.2 , everything works but this. I have tried the latest apple HDA patcher with what should be the right kext and still nothing.

All help is appreciated

tHX

Hi optikol1

I'm using yhe same Mobo like you and the same Leopard distro. During the installation I set up for the mobo chipset sound. The results is that the control pane recognizes in and out, but no sound at all. I've tried to change pins (in for out and so on) but nothing happens...any clue?http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

due to the way Aplle "finds" it's audio and the way we load our kexts it will NEVER show up in System Profiler!!

Unless you edit the localizable.strings for the audio and under System Profiler to show this instead of No Audio

If you search there was a post about it, I made mine but can't remember what the post was called!

SticMAN

Hi

I successfully update to 10.5.3. the system is fast all cpus working. all other applications working but sadly i lost the sound. I had it before the update