Many, many entries for the same network card

HotShot

5 posts in this topic

The only problem I have (aside from my sound, but that's another thread) is that my computer insists on making a new entry for my network card everytime I do anything in the network control section. I click "Apply Now" I get another entry. I leave and come back, I get another entry. I restart my computer, I get another entry. I'm up to about 40 of them now. They all say "PCI Ethernet". My internet works fine, so I guess it's not that big of a problem.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

post-3443-1140979542_thumb.jpg

wow, that's weird... Well at least it's still working. Do you have your network configs set to DHCP or manual with a static IP? :dev:

Wow, got me. I suppose you can try assigning it a static address (just use the same one that the router gives out as DHCP) and see if that helps. It's worth the two minutes it takes to try it... :D

also: I like your avatar. Is it from SimCity 2000 or something?

Setting a static IP didn't fix it, but it didn't harm it, either. I guess I'll just let it be, unless someone has any other suggestions.

I'm not sure where my avatar came from. A friend of my sent it to me a few years back, and I've hung onto it ever since. It's always reminded me of SimCity as well, maybe that's where it came from.