VMware Fusion unrecoverable error: (vmx)

lukios

5 posts in this topic

hey guys, ive looked this up and found that others are having a simular problem, however, from what i can tell, there problem seems to be a graphics issue. my problem is when ever i try to mount and image of xp pro or tinyxp or just install straight from disk in vmware fusion i get this error.

VMware Fusion unrecoverable error: (vmx)

NOT_REACHED bora/mks/main/mksQuartz.c:1220

A log file is available in "/Users/retardedone/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows XP Professional 5.vmwarevm/vmware.log". Please request support and include the contents of the log file.

To collect files to submit to VMware support, run "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/vm-support.tool".

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to

at first i thought it was a driver issue with my dvd drive, because of it being a hackintosh. so i made and image file of each os install disk, but that didnt work. im also having the same problem with ubunt, so im guessing the issue lies deeper within mac osx86 (kalaways osx86 10.5.2) or vmware fusion. has anyone else had this specific problem and been able to fix it? if so how, and also is there a specific way im supposed to install my tinyxp?

i greatly appreciate all responses

• 1 month later...