Hair Loss, Leo Installed

Canis Lupus

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Specs in sig. I have a successful dual-boot (XP) install of 10.5.2 so far, with a couple of minor issues remaining.

1. The on-board ethernet on the nForce 650i Ultra works in XP, but not OS X. I've purchased a DLink PCI NIC card in hopes it will work.

2. The only choice for display is 1024 x 768 using eGeForce 8400GS. Any hints to be able to change rez?

I'm using Migration Assistant right now and hopefully it will work, but here's what I had to go through:

1. Took me about 3 tries to figure out Toast Titanium 8 for Mac renders the Kalyway.iso files as unbootable. Make sure you use Disk Utility>Burn Disk to burn the .iso on a Mac.

2. Ran into all kinds of problems using SATA HDD and DVD. Purchased IDE Drive and IDE DVD Drive to get the install done.

3. Had black/blue screen issues until I entered "nforcekernel" and "-s" at F8 prompt as was able to "mount -uw /" and "/movevideodrivers".

4. Also had a lot of reboot loops until I finally entered "nforcekernel" at prompt after F8. Had to wait a while, until the grey screen stopped spinning for a while then finally booted. Then I edited the boot.plist to boot from "nforcekernel" instead of "mach_kernel".

Hey everyone,

1. Took me about 3 tries to figure out Toast Titanium 8 for Mac renders the Kalyway.iso files as unbootable. Make sure you use Disk Utility>Burn Disk to burn the .iso on a Mac.

very strange.. i'm on mac since ages and toast never failed a Bootable disk...

u probably did somthing wrong..