to all developers, i have a question!

impulsion

4 posts in this topic

i'm curious as to why all the AMD versions of leopard fail to have sata support? most newer machines and notebooks have sata hd's correct? i myself have had several amd notebooks, i currently have a hp pavillion dv8610us, i've tried all versions of leopard (leo4all all versions)(iatkos all versions) and (kalyway's latest for amd/intel) none of them will see my hd! i've even formatted the entire 160gb hd to fat32! this seems to be an issue with a lot of amd users. why hasn't anyone tried to fix this issue with any of their releases? i understand that you put a lot of time and energy to creating your releases and working out bugs. i would seem to think that this would be a major issue since most newer amd notebook users cannot take advantage of any of these releases! i've gotten leo4all and kalyway's new release to boot into the installer. kalyway's release actually boots flawlessly into the installer without any kernel panics and without cpus=1. the installer doesn't seem jittery at all. the issue is that none of them see my sata hard drive. i do not have access to a usb cdrom drive to try and install that way. maybe there is a way i can burn the dvd image to a bootable partition on my external usb drive?

anyway, i'm gonna continue to try to find a way to make it work but i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated if you would take us amd notebook users into consideration!

thank you for your hard work and effort on these projects!

Impulsion

maybe i have been missinformed but this is the 4th amd machine i have tried to install any version of leopard on without any success, last machine had sb600 chipset. i managed to install on that one with zephyroth 10.5.1 release but had no support for anything except video, could not find drivers for any hardware and got very little help on any forums. not to mention it would only run single core! i'm not looking for a release to fully support my machine at this point, i'm just looking for a release that i can start with that will install even if it's with minimal support, i'm not a programmer by any means, but i am usually pretty resourcefull when it comes to finding things. i have modified a few kexts to make things work on an intel machine i had. i don't see why i couldn't do that again as long as i had a place to start. unfortunatly that's where i'm having the issue. i'm not putting blame on anyone or anything, i'm just simply asking why there isn't more support for amd machines

Right eddie11c...Mine is 570:fully working...There is no lack... -_-
i'm sorry, maybe i worded things the wrong way, i guess what i'm asking is why there isn't more notebook support for these releases. i know a lot of developers on here use custom machines and have the ability to swap out hardware to help make things easier. unfortunatly we cannot do that with notebooks