Time Machine Problems (Backup Works... Interface NOT)

solidus23

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. As you can tell I am having problems with time machine. I have the vid drivers install and working. Time machine does backup to the drive i want it to. Though when I hit time machine on the dock it opens a finder window and then it closes and i get this in the log.

4/28/08 11:22:37 PM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x32032].com.apple.finder[369]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation fault

I dont know why it is doing this. If you need any other info just post what you need. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Backups are running fine but when I open the time machine it just has a pop up finder. If i move or expand that finder window i can see the Time Machine graphic in the background so I'm pretty sure this is a graphics issue. Any ideas on this one? Running Kalyway 10.5.3.

i've find why ... so simple .... Qe/Ci wasn't activated .

The video driver was fonctionning partialy , natit was working but the kext have lost the card id after the update ...

Now that's working for me... perhaps it's the same problem for you ...

see ya

All,

I fixed my time machine graphic error. When I had updated to the newest kext for the intel gma 950 I had deleted certain plugins necessary for QE/CI. As mentioned before basically go and look in your system profiler and see if Quartz is working and if Core Image is working too. Mine were not and then I downloaded graphic update 1.0 from apple. Instead of deleting intelapplegma driver and the frame rate buffer i left those and just added the neccesary plugins using pacifist. I have posted the only the extra plugins I needed to make it work. You may also need to update your intel gma driver. Try it at your own risk and back it up.

Extensions.zip

Mine isn't working, and QE/CI are enabled

ATI Radeon HD 3650:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3650

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9598

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

L1715S:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Any ideas? I'm at a bit of a loose end with this, it's the only thing I haven't been able to get working. I'll try some alternate graphics drivers today, but I'm not sure if this is the problem as everything else appears to be working perfectly.