Bit of a NTFS Problem here, any help?

TrYp MyNe

6 posts in this topic

Ok, 1st, thnx for actually reading this. Now onto what i neeed help with

I am running dual boot with vista and mac os x 10.5.2

both run very good and no boot problems. Butttt,

just recently, i unhid the PQSERVICE partition (if you don't know what that is, google :P )

and acronis disk director froze right after it unhid it. i managed to hide it back and it fixed that part.

now, everytime, after i try to load disk director, it freezes right after it loads the hd's that little blue box u know. idk what to do. so i uninstalled, which also removed the os selector. big mistake, os selector f***ed up my 2 good partitions of xp installs and those had very important files on them. the info is still there, but its too much to just recover the data and reformat, and i notice that when i look at hex data of both partitions, its like the entire file systems on both just shifted down an entire screen, or rather section. idk what to do, or how to repair. it says that the partitions are both type 07h but no filesystems. this happend to me b4, but it was only a minor character that was messed up. this seems serious. how can i fix? i am willing to torrent or dload whatever will fix this. thnx in advance :hysterical:

bump? anybody? i know somebody has bound to of had the same problem i am having

Sounds like you need to reapir the mbr ( master boot record ) look for this Hiren's BootCD 9.5

its very good has loads off stuff on for hd`s and other stuff very popular on pc or you could try a recovery with windows xp cd i think you dont have any bootable drive there now tbh

also theres ultimate bootcd here

http://9down.com/search.php

i have the hiren's boot cd, which of the options would i choose? please explain to me :D

PLEASE HELP ME!!! i don't wanna loose my data but i am willing to reformat the partitions as long as i get one folder recovered. btw, acronis disk director freezes now when i open it, it shows the blue loading disk screen (loading partitions) after that it closes and in task manager it runs 100% cpu and ram increases till it fills up. it started doing that ever since i unhid my acer PQSERVICE partition, it hung right after that. so what can i do?