Realtek RTL8211, detected but not working

colacoca

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 Mainboard (Nforce 560, AMD Athlon X2 AM2) with onBoard Ethernet. After a long search, i've found a solution which could work.

(I did like in this Thread)

The Adapter has been recognized by Leopard 1.5.2 (Kalyway), and mac os says, "connected". But a connection to my router could not be established.

I assume that through the edited info.plist the system thinks that there is a network adapter, but the driver cannot handle it. Or something like that.

Would be great if someone could give me advice, what to do to get a network connection, cause an OS without internet is like a car without engine :D

PS: My soundcard works fine (M-Audio Fast Track Pro), which does not run on Vista or XP without installing drivers from M-Audio homepage... so my ethernet adapter has to work to :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I installed JAS 10.5.4 the patched version, and downloaded this 0.62.3n beta_osx from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125569

After power down for a minute and disconnecting the network cable, once i pluged it in, it found the correct ip address under dhcp, and the internet works too, however the system hangs after the first webpage is loaded....