Everything installed ok but display drivers ?

jfielding

8 posts in this topic

I've installed the KALYWAY OSX 10.5.2 on my PC.

Everything has installed great. I have my network, sound, etc all working.

The only problem is, that I have an nvidia 8800GT 512mb and I can only view everything in 1024x768. If I go to display properties I only have the option to select that resolution.

I really want to use my highest resolution which is 1680 x 1050 on my 22" cibox display.

I've installed the graphics update 1.0 from apple, but this had no effect. All software is up-to-date apparently on OSX.

Can someone please help? How can I get the drivers I need (or where to find them). I assumed everything would be all well and great when installing!

Many thanks,

James

To make your life easier, if you have Kext Helper installed with the Kalyway softs, search for kext and it should appear. Kext Helper is a pseudo terminal automated script.

Once it opened, simply drag and drop the kext file in it, enter your root password and press EASY INSTALL. It should install the kext in the extention folder automaticaly, and reboot.

If you don't have kext helper, simply download it

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

If it doesn't boot afterward, do this:

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

It should revert to the last good config AFAIK. Don't forget there is a 512mb version of nVinject, which was crucial to my own installation to be able to boot.

let us know if everythings go well.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried doing that and no luck . ..

That command of /movevideodrivers does sweet FA for me. All it says is / is the directory

I've now got the kext helper b7, but I need to know which kext to get - EXACTLY.

I tried installing Latest_NVinject.0.2.1 and that wasn't correctly installed, and then I tried Latest_NVinject.0.2.1_512Mb and my screen would go black on restart. I'd try :

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type -s (single user mode) then

at root type mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

but its does f**k all for me. Please help.

Many thanks. :)