Just Be Clear! (PC_EFI and Vanilla Kernel)

Lazlo Falconi

5 posts in this topic

What is PC_EFI and where do I get it? Is it neccessary? Everyone is talking about it but nobody just comes out and says what it is or where to get it. Do I need a torrent? Is there an http file somewhere? Just a little hint, please!

And what does vanilla kernel mean? How do I use that? The HCL says it'll work for my mother board but I can't figure out how to activate it.

Some important info on stuff I'm using:

Disc: Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

Motherboard: Intel DG33FB

Processor: Intel Core2Quad

When I boot from the disc everything seems to go fine for a while, until the screen goes black and this text appears (Nothing happens afterward):

npvhash=4095
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
HPET enabled on your system
enabling INTEL features
Darwin Kernal Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASEI386
standard timeslicing quantum is 1000us
vm_page_bootstrap: 249925 free pages and 12219 wired pages
mig_table_max_displ = 79
HTT: 4 cores per package; 4 logical cpus per package
ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]
dsmos: Initializing...
dsmos: Hook and decryption context set!
dsmos: Starting...
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=3 LocalApicId=2 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=4 LocalApicId=3 Enabled
Loading security extention com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security exteinsion com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy initialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSaftyNet)
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
				 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compo
nents; use only one style.
IOAPIC: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Extention "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compen
ts; use only one style.
ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff
mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
BSM auditing present
From path: "uuid",
Waiting for boot volume with UUID 804603D3-83E9-36B8-36B9-36B8-AB8E-11501D1805D6
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><stringID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">bo
ot-uuid-media</string></dict>

I obviously have no idea what that boot volume is, or how to direct Darwin to it, as there is no keyboard response. I've read a bunch of install guides, and all of them assume that I either know what EFI_PC is, or how to get to the vanilla kernel, and they all assume I get past this screen, which I do not. Can anyone offer any help at all?

pc_efi is a modified darwin bootloader, you can find it in the irc chat: irc.osx86.hu channel #leopard

vanilla means its original apple one, unmodified and u need the pc_efi bootloader installed to boot up with vanilla kernel.

and im sure there are dozens of guides how to use/install that ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Lazlo Falconi

Were you able to install Kalyway configuration in yoru mb? I have same configuration and trying with Kalyway. I get same exact error message.

Also I tried Leo4All v3 and IATkos v2.0 but both give error waiting on <dict.... and stops.

Please anyone help.

Thanks.

I have exacly the same problem, same UUID, with Kalyway 10.5.2, Brazilmac and Leo4allv3final.

I have already post twice about this late is http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...sult_type=posts

but I can not get any answers,

Just add NVidia 8500 GT graphics card. Everything should work...follow my name and check for post created by me which explains things there. Cheers. ;) All working well now...