Dualboot problem

9 posts in this topic

ok, first of i must appolgise, im ok with computers, but never really used mac before so bare with me

i have a sony vaio laptop (quite new as it has blueray drive etc)

it didnt come with any disks, just a recovery parttion

i followed guides to create a partion in vista as uncollated, but it would not work, so i decided to formate my recover parttion as i woudl never use it (this was the first partition on my drive) and vista on 2nd

so i booted into iatkos 1.0i, and i formatted to mac os extended (journaled) did darwin bootloader (it could not find disk0, so i did disk 1 then it worked, then i installed and (so i think) appiled all the patches for my laptop hardware.

i booted into -v -s mode

and flagged part 1 as active, i can now boot into leopard, but when i try vista i get hfs+ partition error

please help

when i boot into leopard and access terminal , some told me to try sudo -s

but i didnt set a password, and when i try type 1 in i get sorry try again. i cannt boot to vista, and i didnt back everything up :D

any advise??

i used iatkos 1.0i and have vista home premium (which is on my 2nd partition)

thanks for any who replys

btw i did search before, and all tutorials included i can access sudo or vista

If you googled "hfs+ partition error insanelymac" it will come up with 197 post in IM to solve the problem!!

use the third one!

You dont have to "sudo" if you have done -s you are already in superuser mode! remember to follow the screen and do the "/sbin/fsck......." and "/sbin/mount......." thingy before you work on your HD

SticMAN

ok, first of i must appolgise, im ok with computers, but never really used mac before so bare with me

i have a sony vaio laptop (quite new as it has blueray drive etc)

it didnt come with any disks, just a recovery parttion

i followed guides to create a partion in vista as uncollated, but it would not work, so i decided to formate my recover parttion as i woudl never use it (this was the first partition on my drive) and vista on 2nd

so i booted into iatkos 1.0i, and i formatted to mac os extended (journaled) did darwin bootloader (it could not find disk0, so i did disk 1 then it worked, then i installed and (so i think) appiled all the patches for my laptop hardware.

i booted into -v -s mode

and flagged part 1 as active, i can now boot into leopard, but when i try vista i get hfs+ partition error

please help

when i boot into leopard and access terminal , some told me to try sudo -s

but i didnt set a password, and when i try type 1 in i get sorry try again. i cannt boot to vista, and i didnt back everything up :P

any advise??

i used iatkos 1.0i and have vista home premium (which is on my 2nd partition)

thanks for any who replys

btw i did search before, and all tutorials included i can access sudo or vista

what you just made no sence to me lol

ive booted with -s before and i can type in code,

i did google, ive spent 2 whole nights trying to do this, a friend recommended this site

edit :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33216

i cannot do this command as it says access denied, can i have personalised help rather than a generic answer please??

(im not trying to be rude, im just rli worried about all my data being lost)

Try this...might work

Boot Vista DVD

At prompt...repair install

If you do not see your Vista partition listed use diskpart to make active Vista then let it repair startup.

It should allow you to boot Vista

BACKUP! what you have then you can edit Vista bootloader to boot OSX

I hope this helps......I hope it works

Kenny

damn

ok

will any vista disk work?

e.g a copy from a friend?

edit ~

i just typed fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0

(i saw on internet this may work) so my bootloader was set to default, i cudnt boot at all now

i in booted in2 iatkos DVD and reformated partion 1 did darwin boot loader and its istalling now

please sum1 help me get back in2 vista so i can at least back up everything?

As long as it is a regular Vista install disk

You can try resetting the flag

boot osx dvd -s

fdisk -e rdisk0

flag ? (Vista partition)

u (update)

w (write)

reboot and give it a try

Good luck

Kenny