Need help with Compaq 751NR

Zeroburn

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got another laptop, a Compaq C751NR, I read its supposedly compatible with OSX and that people have got it running perfectly with Kalyway and Iatkos versions.

Can anyone tell me how they managed to install it? I have already tried Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2, Leo4all V2, Jas 10.5.2, and Iatkos 1.0ir. So far the track pad is terrible, and I can't boot into the operating system after rebooting.

If anyone has any info I would appreciate it, its killing my brain as I type this.

Thanks everyone

Thanks a lot for the info Seven, I'll try it out soon. I just noticed the postings about it being working off the OSX86 wiki. Just don't get what I'm doing wrong to get this going. I'll try your settings out tonight.

Thank you very much. Anyone else care to share some info on this?

thanks

Edit: Any way to get this up and running without the need of a External USB hard drive?

Hi again.

I managed to get this laptop working fine with Iatkos 1.0 with kernel 10.5.1. I seem to be having issues with the trackpad, and even my wireless logitech mouse. In general its the ALPs trackpad on the compaq C751NR giving me issues.

Anyone have a kext to get this up and running well?

Thank you,