Leo4All and Kalyway 10.5.2 install GUI issue

ADoNuT333

3 posts in this topic

Ok, here is my problem:

I have downloaded and burned to DVD both Kaly and Eddie11c's latest releases and so far both of them stop right before launching the install gui. It's not like there is a "Waiting for root device" error, it is finished loading all of the system kexts and should be loading the blue screen and then show the language select so you can continue with the install. But I can't even get that far.

Are there any gurus out there who can share some ideas on this? Eddie and I both are baffled on this and have no idea where to go with it. Btw, bios setting changes won't work as it is a POS Toshiba A215 that for all intents and purposes has no bios at all. The only settings you can change are like "dynamic cpu" or enable/disable wired ethernet. All of the other settings are hidden and from what I have read there is no way to edit the Pheonix bios settings to "unhide" the options.

Thanks in advance to any and all comments!

No I mean when trying to boot off of the DVD it hangs when trying to mount the hard drives. I think I may have the solution though. The current AHCI kexts only support 2 harddrives or partitions. I have 3 partitions. So I am going to try Leo4Allv3 and see if that helps any. It is supposed to include the updated kexts that support more than 2 harddrives(partitions).