wifi and kalyway 10.5.2

Acidic

6 posts in this topic

hey guys,

i finally got mac os x to boot up! everything runs like a charm, except the wireless internet. I found a driver for the built in wireless realtek, and under the available networks window it connected to my wireless internet.... but, when i open safari it doesnt load and says that im not connected to the internet.... not sure what to do, do i have to download another driver or something??

thanks

wow lucky lol :) my wifi card is REALLY giving me trouble..... at least he realtek program in charge of the wifi is. everytime i go and tell it to connect, it connects for, about a second then decides to just quit on me and disconnect. In another one of my computers i actually have a pci wireless card, im thinking of installing in this one. Do you think this would be better then using the internal mobo p5w card?

Realtek Wifi is not 100% compatible with Leopard, even with the official Realtek drivers.

I pulled out my dusty 4year old PCI Wifi card, baesd on a Broadcom chipset. Leopard sees it as an Airport and it worked instantly without installing any drivers.