Zephyroth 10.5.2 or Kalyway 10.5.2

Sapam

3 posts in this topic

My PC Spec is:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, uses nForce4 chipset

AMD64 3200+

XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB DDR3

...Rest is as usual, standard hardware

I have been using Tubgirl 10.4.8 AMD and fortunately everything is working Graphics, USB, SATA, Sound etc..etc.

Now I am thinking of Trying out Leopard. I would like some suggestion which Installation DVD should I go for. OfCourse I would like to have things working without much hassle.

Can you please suggest me which DVD should I go for:

1) Zephyroth 10.5.2

or

2) Kalyway 10.5.2

I would like to hear the pro and cons of both the DVDs for my PC, and what will work and not work.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Sapam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a similar configuration than yours.

I have Uphuck installed 10.4.9 very stable ( everything works) FCPro, Bluetooth, Motion,

I have tried, zehpyroth 10.5.2 v2 and it worked but is quite unstable.

I have solved a few problems, changing my bluetooth dongle from Broadcom chipset to CSR.

Mouse and keyboard bluetooth works much better on 10.4.9 and 10.5.2

On 10.5.2 I have changed the AppleSMBIOS to AppleSMBIOS-27 and it also improved.

But I have tried the migration assistant for migrating the applications from 10.4.9 and it hanged the installation got corrupted

So, If you had experiences with this board with Iatkos, kallyway, leo4all, is welcome, lets change experiences.

I need to find the right path to a stable config on 10.5.2 with an A8N-sli premium

otherwise I will leave the Hackintosch way, to the easy MAC way. ;-)

My config is A8N-SLI Premium, opteron 165, 4GB, encore bluetooth, Two Seagate 500GB, one Maxtor 300GB.

Regards

Dragon