About This File
Since the repairPermissions verb was discarded in the new DiskManagement.framework of OS X El Capitan, I wrote a new version of RepairPermissions command line tool.
RepairPermissions is an easy command line tool to repair the permissions of an OS X system volume.
It also supports repairing permissions on OS X El Capitan's whole disk.
OS X El Capitan (10.11.x)
OS X Yosemite (10.10.x)
OS X Mavericks (10.9.x)
where targetVolume is a valid mount point of an OS X system partition such as /Volumes/Mac
You are welcome to report bugs or give any suggestions on my blogs.
0. RepairPermissions should be placed at /usr/local/bin (especially under OS X El Capitan) if you want to use RepairPermissions directly from OS X' Terminal.
1. You can ONLY repair the permissions on the current root volume if RepairPermissions is used in single-user mode.
2. Feel free to rename it to a shorter name like rp.
3. TABLES: ALLOWED OPERATIONS
(In general: You can ONLY repair the permissions on OS X El Capitan under OS X El Capitan.)
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Resolve an issue that RepairPermissions may not function properly under OS X Mavericks.
- 1. Repairing permissions on OS X El Capitan’s whole disk is now supported.
- 2. Repairing permissions under normal OS X, OS X Single-user mode, OS X Recovery is fully supported.
- initial internal release