KEXT ALC662 FOR YOSEMITE fully working everything 2.8.2

1 Screenshot

About This File

FULLY WORKING ALC662 with built-in speaker :) WITHOUT SOUND CRACKLING :)

before install please backup or copy AppleHDA.kext on /system/Library/extensions to your desktop

then delete it from /system/Library/extensions

install VoodooHDA.kext using Kext Drop

please report if you found any problem

after finishing installation please restart.. check your system preferences/audio and tab to output

What's New in Version 2.8.2

Released

• :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It seems it worked! Well in info system it says nothing about "Sonido Intel de Alta Definition" but the sound Line-out says in "frecuencia de muestreo" 48000 and the sound works better than yesterday that I installed the kext. Anyways Thank you, I have a better sound :D

• Like 1

It seems it worked! Well in info system it says nothing about "Sonido Intel de Alta Definition" but the sound Line-out says in "frecuencia de muestreo" 48000 and the sound works better than yesterday that I installed the kext. Anyways Thank you, I have a better sound :D

thanks for your comments, Your comment gave me spirit to continue learning about OS X :D please rate file with five stars :D

Hey there,

I tried your kext and it only last for one day and also microphone front and back won't work. After that day my system won't recognise your kext anymore.

It worked with installing it the clover way and when I tried it your way nothing happens.

I really don't get it :D

Some advise? Need more information?

• Like 1

I had a clover-based installation of Yosemite. It did work after I installed the kext to EFI partition. It didn't work if I installed it in /S/L/E

If you're running on an H61S Foxconn board, which uses the ALC662 codec, this is your audio kext! Be sure to remove the AppleHDA and any other VoodooHDA kexts before applying this, because I'm sure you tried several others before this.

Success on manual install -- didn't try using any of the gui's like #####, KextDrop, etc... This worked perfectly by simply copying the download into /System/Library/Extensions/ and double-checking folder permissions.

sudo cp -r ~/Downloads/VoodooHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
ls -l

If the VooHDA-2.kext permissions or ownerships aren't right (aka the same as most everything else -- specifically, drwxr-xr-x root:wheel), you'll need to chmod/chown to correct it.

sudo chmod -R 755 name.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel name.kext

sudo reboot, and tada!

Be sure to configure your audio settings afterwards (output tab), or no gold! << DON'T FORGET

• Like 1