Latitude E6420 NVS-4200 dsdt.aml ver. 1

About This File

Here is my patched dsdt for Latitude 6420 (NVS-4200), sleep is working with optimus disabled

If you use clover don't use FixRegions, uncheck it

What's New in Version ver. 1   See changelog

Released

• minor fixes, EL Capitan compatibility

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am using this DSDT with Clover and Yosemite. Depending on how Optimus setting is in BIOS, the laptop will boot to either Nvidia or HD3000. Sleep does not work when booted to Nvidia but does work with HD3000. USB storage devices are getting extraction errors when waking from sleep. The laptop does not recognize when on battery and always uses settings for power adapter.

Thank you for this. So far I like this DSDT mainly because it is the first time I have sleep working with OS X on this laptop. I think the other mentioned problems are fixable.

Not related to DSDT but two-finger scrolling works much nicer in OS X than Dell trackpad driver.

-MH

I am using this DSDT with Clover and Yosemite. Depending on how Optimus setting is in BIOS, the laptop will boot to either Nvidia or HD3000. Sleep does not work when booted to Nvidia but does work with HD3000. USB storage devices are getting extraction errors when waking from sleep. The laptop does not recognize when on battery and always uses settings for power adapter.

Thank you for this. So far I like this DSDT mainly because it is the first time I have sleep working with OS X on this laptop. I think the other mentioned problems are fixable.

Not related to DSDT but two-finger scrolling works much nicer in OS X than Dell trackpad driver.

-MH

This dsdt is patched to run with the nvidia card, for the USB drive issue enable USB wake support in the bios, i can upload a working battery kext

This dsdt is patched to run with the nvidia card, for the USB drive issue enable USB wake support in the bios, i can upload a working battery kext

Well then a nice bonus to easily switch. Thank you for the USB setting tip. A working battery kext would be very nice. Anything I have tried so far doesn't work.

Sleep does not work when booted to Nvidia

Have you tested the sleepmode, or it's only a guess?

Don't no how to attach files via PM (battery.kext)

I tried again today. I never get to blinking power button when sleeping while booted to Nvidia. Hibernate does not work in either mode although laptop will power off when hibernating while booted to HD3000. Both will restart trying to load hibernate image.

If you encounter this issue set hibernate state to 0 "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" suspend to ram

In UEFI mode set it to "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25" suspend to disk

Hi,

I'm using this DSDT with E6420, Chameleon boot loader and Yosemite 10.10.3. Optimus disabled in BIOS. Sleep is working, HDMI video out is working, but I have no audio.

Any hints how to enable the audio when using this DSDT?

Hi,

I'm using this DSDT with E6420, Chameleon boot loader and Yosemite 10.10.3. Optimus disabled in BIOS. Sleep is working, HDMI video out is working, but I have no audio.

Any hints how to enable the audio when using this DSDT?

Do you have HDMI-Audio with another dsdt ?, atm HDMI-audio only works with patched voodoohda.

Do you have HDMI-Audio with another dsdt ?, atm HDMI-audio only works with patched voodoohda.

Hi,

your AppleHDA.kext from the another thread fixed the issue.

Could you please post the patches applied to the original DSDT? For some reason, I cant get this to work.

Thanks a lot

-M

This isn't working on the latest Yosemite. Boots and installs the OS fine but boots to black screen then after. 

Could you please post the patches applied to the original DSDT? For some reason, I cant get this to work.

Thanks a lot

-M

I will made some MaciASL patches, if i have time

This isn't working on the latest Yosemite. Boots and installs the OS fine but boots to black screen then after. 

I think you have enabled the HD3000 card (optimus enabled in BIOS) and a hi res display (1600x900), if so you need the DualLink patch

This dsdt is patched for the nVidia card (optimus disabled)

Awesome. Thanks and greatly appreciate it. MaciASL patches - Really looking forward to it.

I will made some MaciASL patches, if i have time

This is terrific, works like a charm, but I've lost USB functionality in El Capa 10.11.3. Please advise. Thanks again.