QE/CI Exotic Patch for Mavericks 10.9.2

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hi folx.

Here is my Patch for 10.9.2. Have fun.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi fantomas1,

Here is my feedback with my HD4850 Gainward GS graphic card.(on GA-EX58-UD5 )

I used until 10.9.1, QE_CI Exotic patch with Chameleon SVN2.2 with original video rom for this card.

With 10.9.2, I got with this method only white screen . So, I decided to try Clover bootloader (EFI config).

This is working perfectly with: LegacyAMD4800controller.kext , (modified the old version LegacyATI4800controller.kext) the original ATI rom (Vbios) and your modified FakeSMC.kext (6.0.1077)

I tried your described method with QE_CI modifications in Clover config.plist but I got only white screen ,no monitor detection and only 7mb video memory !

Thanks for your solutions.

And by the way CLOVER is realy good for an almost vanilla MAC expérience !

• Like 1

only for amd/ati hd4830, hd4850, hd4870x2, and hd4890 cards

Hi, I see this patch is for the HD4870X2.  I it really NOT for the HD4870?  I have the HD4870.

Hi, I see this patch is for the HD4870X2.  I it really NOT for the HD4870?  I have the HD4870.

sorry mate, I didn't saw your post   :(

the hd4870 has a native support

;)

@ ham4ever

it seems like a problem with kernel cache, it does not load AMD4800Controller.kext

use kext wizard to repair disk permissions and rebuild the kernel cache.  ;)

Hello fantomas1!

Near 30 hours im trying to install Mac OS 10.9.2. Now i have sound and network. But with my radeon VAPOR-X HD 4850 1GB dont want to work! I think that your Exotic patch must help, but like in:

i have some weird problem,

i used the patch for my ATI 4850 and i get black screen ( no signal )  or stuck in verbose mode while i can hear sound of system working

PS : i always used the patch for my ATI 4850 and worked always with no problems.

but just with Mavericks 10.9.2 i can't get it to work

so now i am using ATI kexts from 10.9.1

i have black screen with or without GraphicsEnabler. By the way, my OS X dont run with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I didnt try ATI kexts from 10.9.1.

I tryied reinstall it, use Chimera v3.0.1, restart, use your Exotic patch and before restart use Kext Wizard - repair disk permissions, rebuild the kernel cache. Then restart and black screen again after i see Apple logo.

That i have in system before installing your patch:

Type: GPU
  Bus: PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width: x16
  VRAM (Total): 5 MB
  Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID: 0x9442
  Revision ID: 0x0000
  Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution: 1400 x 1050
  Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display: Yes
  Mirror: Off
  Online: Yes

By the way, i didnt prepare any DSDT - i dont know for what i need it.

I have such config:

Asus P8Z77-V LX
I5-3570k
8 GB 1600
ATI HD 4850
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 120 Gb
I will wait for your answer. Thank you.

hi B1ackk

I never used Chimera, so I can't tell you why it doesn't work

but in any case, it seems that kexts are not loaded

I can try to help you via TeamViewer if you want

Hello fantomas1!

Near 30 hours im trying to install Mac OS 10.9.2. Now i have sound and network. But with my radeon VAPOR-X HD 4850 1GB dont want to work! I think that your Exotic patch must help, but like in:

That i have in system before installing your patch:

Type: GPU
  Bus: PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width: x16
  VRAM (Total): 5 MB
  Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID: 0x9442
  Revision ID: 0x0000
  Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution: 1400 x 1050
  Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display: Yes
  Mirror: Off
  Online: Yes

Hi B1ackk,

Seems you have this Graphic card :

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/50801/sapphire-hd4850-1024-090403.html

I found that Vbios inject of original rom solfs many times big problems:

If you want to try this method do the following:

Download the rom file from the upper url:

name it : 1002_9442.rom

copy it in EFI/CLOVER/ROM   (in the past I used the same method with Chameleon bootloaders or derived like Chimera)

and edit Clover config.plist like this:

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>ATI</key>

<false/>

<key>Intel</key>

<false/>

<key>NVidia</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>LoadVBios</key>

<true/>

In OSX 10.9.x I use only this kext (clover inject method):  LegacyAMD4800Controller.kext ( my modified LegacyATI4800Controller.kext)

In OSX 10.10 DP2, I use it with QE_CI D92 kext in S/L/E

Good luck

:)

Nothing helps me. I can't boot with clover, so what i must do with chameleon bootloader?

1) I put in /Extra my Sapphire.HD4850.1024.090403.rom

2) What i must set in Chameleon Option like:

Aticonfig

UseAti ROM

VBios

3) I need to apply Exotic patch now? Because after that i got a black screen after apple logo (try that before using .rom file)?

4) I need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes ? Because with it i have endless loading with apple logo.

Nothing helps me. I can't boot with clover, so what i must do with chameleon bootloader?

1) I put in /Extra my Sapphire.HD4850.1024.090403.rom

2) What i must set in Chameleon Option like:

Aticonfig

UseAti ROM

VBios

3) I need to apply Exotic patch now? Because after that i got a black screen after apple logo (try that before using .rom file)?

4) I need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes ? Because with it i have endless loading with apple logo.

GraphicsEnabler= Yes

The name of the rom file in /Extra has to be : 1002_9442.rom

In my org.chameleon.Boot.plist only  (Vbios is for Clover !)

UseAtiROM=Yes

and Apply exotic patch

Black screen after apple logo and as usually my monitor said wrong resolution (tried GraphicsEnabler Yes and No)... I have 222EL and use DVI, so there must be no problems with it. So i need to use my Intel 4000...

Black screen after apple logo and as usually my monitor said wrong resolution (tried GraphicsEnabler Yes and No)... I have 222EL and use DVI, so there must be no problems with it. So i need to use my Intel 4000...

Did you specify in org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

Graphics Mode = "your resolution"x32 ( exemple: 1920x1080x32)

Hello, how are you patching the kexts? I need a patched ATIRadeonX2000.kext for my ATI Radeon HD2600XT 256MB. No joke, I really want tu use this card in a Dualboot-system with Leopard 10.9.5 and 10.5.8. I have a lot of them and it has an unique feature, see below.

In 10.5.8 I'm using Natit and new kexts, it's working perfectly and very fast. In 10.9.5 I first had just the typical 1024x768 stretched (on a 16:9 Full-HD TV), no QE/CI whatever. I could enhance the resolution to 1400x1050 stretched with Chameleon. The card was just detected as GPU, with 5 MB VRAM. Booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes resulted in a disabled output, the monitor showed 'no input signal'.

After adding ATY_Init I got stuck with the grey screen with cursor, but could shut down the system normally with Ctrl-F12 + RETURN. I booted in Safe Mode, there I had a Full-HD resolution, resolution change and full display Radeon HD 2600 256 MB. But there's no QE/CI and OpenGL, like before. I checked the Extensions in System Profiler, ATIRadeonX2000.kext was not loaded. So I disabled it by renaming, and now I also got in normal mode full resolution, but also no QE/CI/OpenGL.

So the problem is somewhere in this kext. You got the HD48xx cards working by patching this kext, maybe it is possible to patch it to the HD2600XT. The device ID is 0x9588, framebuffer is Lamna. But there's a speciality: In 10.5.8 I'm using Natit, and it uses Megalodon as framebuffer. With this one I'm able to 'overclock' TFT's. My 20" monitor with 1600x1200 allows 2560x1536, on my Full-HD TV it allows 2560x1440 in 16:9 or 2560x1600 in 4:3, not stretched. I have various 4:3 monitors, they also allow unstretched wide resolutions. If I modify Natit that it should use Lamna as framebuffer, it only allows as maximum resolution only the native resolution of the monitor. Weird.