60 replies to this topic

JackPot

JackPot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, in my limited experience of AMD Hackintoshing, 

I have come across a few boot flags which seem to be used often in AMD Builds.

(Athlon II, Phenom II, etc.)

arch=x86_64 
//Gives x64 support used on AMD Builds. Perhaps only when using a modded kernel (AMD_Kernel)?

arch=i386 
//Forces x86/32bit
//uses the i386 architecture and thus a 32 bit kernel and extensions.

npci=0x2000
//0x2000 is the kIOPCIConfiguratorPFM64 flag, as seen in the IOPCIFamily source code. (PFM64 probably stands for prefetch memory 64 bit).
//npci=0x2000 turns off this flag, as npci negates whatever flag bits you specify.
//With this flag turned off, the logic that sets fConsoleRange is disabled, and so the new graphics console relocation code is not triggered. 
//However, the rest of the other new relocation code is still executed, and therein probably lies a problem for some, depending upon your PCI 
//memory config. AFAIK, npci=0x2000 is working fine without side effects for most users.

PCIRootUID=1
//Have seen being used in enabling graphics cards, will test when trying to install my AMD/ATI 7770 Card

Check out this great list aswell: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/01/list-of-common-hackintosh-boot-flags_29.html

In fact, via the link above are some of the most important flags and should definitely be intergrated and updated into your list, it would then be far better use as most of these important flags are either missing from here or need some better explaining.

Thanks very much for this list it certainly helped me out with a previous SL Build.

Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup_anim:  :ninja:  :)

Many thanks,

Jack

EDIT: Didn't realise before I posted but now looking through, this thread seems DEAD!

Wondering if a new thread has been started and if so could somebody link it so that people arriving here can be led to something less sporadic, thanks =D.

Edited by JackPot, 10 November 2013 - 08:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy