Dell True Mobile 1390

schwa

23 posts in this topic

I think that the array of dell cards that work out-of-the-box should be stickied. I'm up for making this list if no one else is willing.

I know for a fact 1390 and 1490 work (both broadcom chipsets)

• 4 months later...

Hi I have a XPS M1330 with a Core 2 Duo T5450 processor and 2gb ram, I just bought a dell truemobile 1390 off ebay so I could have wireless working on leopard 10.5.2, I have it dual booted with vista, while on vista the card works fine but its not detected in osx, is there something I have to do first before it will work or something?

Guest BuildSmart

802.11a/b/g:

• Dell DW1470 (miniPCI)
  • Dell DW1490 (miniPCIe)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11b/g (miniPCI)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11b/g (miniPCIe)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11a/b/g (miniPCI)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11a/b/g (miniPCIe)

802.11a/b/g/n:

• Dell 1505 (miniPCIe) <-- the perfect AirPort rebrand candidate
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11b/g/n (miniPCI)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11b/g/n (miniPCIe)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11a/b/g/n (miniPCI)
  • any Broadcom based card supporting 802.11a/b/g/n (miniPCIe)

here's a thought:

to see if the card itself work, just install the regular dell 1390 driver on WINDOWS. if it works then that means the card itself is fine, and i will assume the following: you didn't replace your wireless card, you might've just added that one in.

I COULD BE WRONG.

In which case, some people said on other threads that reinstalling mac does the trick.

first of all I know exactly the meaning of word "replace"

If i am right i took off the old 3945 and at the same place i put the 1390.

How is it possible to add a wifi card in a laptop when ther is also another one.

Secondly under vista and ubuntu 8.04 the Dell 1390 is working perfectly,only Mac is the problem.

Anyway i will try for one more time to format my laptop and see if i can do anything (and i have otherwise perfectly working Osx 10.5.4)

Well I dunno about you, but for my dell xps 1530 there are two slots. so that's how you add two.

anyway i had the same problem, bought a card on ebay and bam, didnt work on vista or mac.

turns out it was the wrong revision - A02. my seller was kinda enough to let me go through and test all his cards, and luckily the first one i picked, A03, worked for both Vista and Mac off the bat.

I dunno about your revision, so check that.

Some people said reinstalling would work, but i think differently. I think its more of a hardware problem if it doesnt work for you, as you've got the wrong revision. for me, rev a02 didnt work, but rev a03 worked - without reinstalling leopard

Dell TrueMobile 1300 PCMCIA works out of the box . Airport software sees as Airport Extreme card works great. This is an older card but tons were sold and should be available on Ebay etc.

The Dell 1350 PCMCIA card I'm told also works fine .

• 3 months later...

I have a Dell TrueMobile 1390 card. I have tried it in two laptops. In my Acer Aspire 5570Z, it works fine in Windows and OSX (after chun-nan's IOPCIFamily patch).

In my Dell Inspiron 640m, the card works in Windows; in OSX the card is detected as "Third Party Airport". I can list and connect to my WPA network, but it gets stuck with "Self-assigned IP". anyone else have problems with DHCP on the 1390?

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I managed to install iDeneb 10.5.8 on my laptop ( Acer Aspire 5633 WLMI) and I replaced my wireless card with a Dell truemobile 1390. OS X recognized it as Airport, and works perfect on "unlocked" networks, however, when I try to connect using WPA authentication i get a "connection refused" message right after clicking the "connect button". Any solutions on this problem? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I managed to install iDeneb 10.5.8 on my laptop ( Acer Aspire 5633 WLMI) and I replaced my wireless card with a Dell truemobile 1390. OS X recognized it as Airport, and works perfect on "unlocked" networks, however, when I try to connect using WPA authentication i get a "connection refused" message right after clicking the "connect button". Any solutions on this problem? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you might have replaced the IO80211Family.kext with an older version. Try restoring it to the original 10.5.8 kext and see if it works.

• 1 month later...
Hi I have a XPS M1330 with a Core 2 Duo T5450 processor and 2gb ram, I just bought a dell truemobile 1390 off ebay so I could have wireless working on leopard 10.5.2, I have it dual booted with vista, while on vista the card works fine but its not detected in osx, is there something I have to do first before it will work or something?

just bought a dell dw1390 from ebay. seller said full compatible with os x. will update this when it arrives and i install it to let everyone know if it works.

-------------

Computer

-------------

Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007 model)

Dual boot: Fedora 12, Mac OS X 10.6 (SnowOSX)

Genuine Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0ghz, recognized as 1.8ghz)

Western Digital 500GB 5400RPM harddrive

Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT 256mb (works with nvinject 0.2.1)

Sigmatel HD Audio STAC92XX (works with VoodooHDA.kext and proper id's)

4GB pc2-5300 DDR2 Kingston Memory

Intel 82XXX Ethernet Controller (works with broadcom 440x kexts and proper id's)

Intel 3945 a/b/g wireless (not working, purchased dell 1390 to replace it)

Logitech V220 Wireless Mouse (works with usb kext from SnowOSX install, PnP)

If anyone wants help with setting up anything That I have, let me know and i will do my best to help!! :D

• 11 months later...