Problem with ipod maybe?

Shou

16 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

No, have used my multifunctional (scanner/copier/printer) as my nokia mobile phone as well.

iTunes tells me to reinstall ipod drivers from osx cd but I am quite sure my osx "distro" does not have it as a choice during installation.

You can find support on the Apple Website..

It will be the same whether you run a hacked OS, or a legit OS (X).

You can find the link above, in one of my posts.

It also helps if you research the problem first, before posting and clogging up the server space...

Think Mark

sry i didn't reply sooner, got busy, i know my computer is hacked, i'm just not sure which version, its 10.5.1, probably kalaway. i've got a 5.5 g ipod, i checked support.apple.com, and they don't even list this as a possible problem, what is happening to me is i can see my ipod as a disk in finder ( i chose to let it do that on my windows machine), but it cannot be found in itunes, i have no problems on my windows machine with my ipod, i just want to use the hackintosh i got instead, its better. no USB problems, just this box. and this was a last resort on where to go to find out why, i did look on the internet elsewhere first, and ipod forums, nobody seems to know anything about this.

• 1 month later...

when u plug it into ur windows machine, it works fine? plug it into the windows machine and pull up itunes and check what file system its formatted for (windows/mac) if its formatted for windows then it wont read on ur hackintosh machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Put you iPod into disk mode: Hold Menu and Select button(the middle circle) right just about the Apple Logo appears, quickly hold the Play/Pause button and the select button.

Then, a OK to Disconnect picture should appear, now connect it to iTunes, see if that works.

If that doesn't, plug you iPod to the computer then restart you computer while the keep the iPod awake, it should recognize your device

And for the Windows formatted iPod, when I connected mine, it just said "optimizing iPod for Macintosh" or something similar, so that must be the issue.

I found on the Leopard CD an installer that says iPod Support, downloading the latest version should include that.