Plucka

152 posts in this topic

I had installed Kaly 10.5.2 update fine, yet with a small hitch. My computer when booting back into the OS from Reboot or shutdown tends to stay on about 4 mins, before I actually get into the OS to mess around. Is there something I should do, have done, or something. The Kaly update was great but I feel there was something else I should have done. Scenerio, I boot up, gray screen with wheel goes, then black screen, hard drive doing something, I am still siting there for about 3-4 mins, and finally I enter the os. I Need some help with this issue. Thanks Folks oh and my system is e1705, 2 gigs, 1.67 Ghz Core 2 Duo (more like SOLO, HA)

So after all this whole EFI thing was pretty much useless! Because they said that now that EFI is emulated, OSX updates will be installable with no problems..but now it's giving so much problems that machines acn't boot normal after the update without performing some special stuff to ensure it all works!! So what's the point of EFI!

there is still a point to efi.. you can run any update......... it just happens this update bricks your system via the unwanted kexts it installed.. has nothing to do with software update+efi emulation ability. If you want to feel better.. you can just install the kext that bricks your system without using software update.. . then you dont have to blame it on efi.