No USB with Kalyway Install

NYC Coyote

18 posts in this topic

Here's a problem I haven't seen on here for a while. I just did a fresh install with Kalyway 10.5.1.

None of my usb ports work?!?!?

Now...they have worked before when i was using ToH 10.5.

Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone got a fix?

I have a Dell Inspriron 6400

I tried that once and I got a kernel panic error, and had to reinstall the whole thing :guitar: Even tried with -s and -v.

Also looking at the files on the toh disc and on my mac partition, both IOUsb kexts have the same date on them, so I would believe they are the same one

• 1 month later...

Found out it all depends on the hw. HP dv5000 series need new usb kexts in order to work. However I have not encountered any yet. If any knows of theese, then please reply. I am looking into it tonight, since I need the usb functionality in order to run dlink 122 wireless dongle.

• 1 month later...

If you plug in a USB thumb driver prior to boot up, does it show up on the desktop?

A couple of things to try:

1) Try setting your Plug n Play OS option to 'Yes'. This worked for me in terms of the system recognizing PNP USB thumb drives, and USB-Ethernet adapters.

2) You can use Lingon (by Peter Borg) to ensure that the IOUSB kext are being loaded/ran. This also worked like a charm before i used the PNP OS option.

it doesn't matter what everybody 've been saying, the problem is due to the fact that the iousbmassstorage.kext doesn;t load during startup

, load the kext or for any other device that is not working manually, voila

it is that simple then you can add it to startupitem so when you boot (with or without usb device) it will work everytime.

cheers

Make sure that the version of your System.kext (inside the extensions folder) is equal to that of your current kernel. If you have 9.2.2, then your System.kext should be 9.2.2 and so on and so forth.

the problem you are having is mismatched system.kext and kernel versions.. what does it mean? it means that if you use 9.1.0 kernel, you have to use 9.1.0 version system.kext... same goes, for 9.2.0 kernel 9.2.0 system.kext, 9.2.2 kernel, 9.2.2 system.kext or 9.0.0 kernel 9.0.0 system.kext...

just check the versions and replace the correct files...

• 3 weeks later...
Great USB Fix Tool can be found in this topic: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

So replacing kexts is very simple.

Wow, the first time I could help somebody :)

Yours Simon

cheers :) that tool is the one i made for people who are frustrated with the issue, because solution is easy but people are not very clever and dont have skills to make a very easy task... but in the end this tool is designed for that purpose in mind, so it works for everyone...

enjoy...

• 2 years later...

i have the same problem.

I boot installation fine with Legacy support, but on "Choose Language" window (first step of installation) my mouse and keyboard doesn't work!

If i disable Legacy support i can't type "enter" -v to start installation, because all USB device is disable..

HELP ME, please!

I use Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd

AMD Dual core SSE 1,2,3 enable

2GB RAM+

PS: This solution is not good for me because i'm trying to install Kalyway

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789